[Coagdu] minutes from 11-16-14

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Sun Dec 14 06:19:27 UTC 2014

  hi all,

here are the minutes from november 16th. also, due to the holidays which are fast approaching our next meeting will be on january 4th at 4:00 PM.

11-16-14

The meeting was called to order at 4:10 PM. People present were Marty, Melissa, Shon, Becky, Beth, Brian, and Tiffany. Dawn and Bionca were also present. The treasurer's report states that we have a balance of $376.97 as of 11/14/2014. We owe $25 to Marty and also owe Shon some money for candy for which he has provided receipts. Melissa will send Becky an email containing email addresses for Shon and Marty. Becky will send Melissa her address so that Melissa can send it to people who would like to pay their dues. Melissa then asked for thoughts on how the seminar went at state. Bianca said that it was good overall, but that she wished we would have had a sound system. Becky said that the pannelists were good, but she wished that we had more people. Brian suggested that we have a social hour to get people in the room before our seminar. Beth suggested that we try to increase our advertising more outside of the NFB. She suggested getting our flyer out to schools and other groups within the community. Brian suggested that we leave flyers and informational pamphlets about our division in doctor's offices and other places where we can leave things. There was also discussion about getting info about us out to local puppy raisers and clubs that are afiliated with guide dog schools. We then moved on to discussing activities for next year. Marty suggested that we focus on getting out another isue of our newsletter highlighting State Convention and what happened at our seminar as well as discussing upcoming events. We also discussed that we could work with Brent to allow the summer students to come. We set the tentative date of June 13th for our seminar. We will begin thinking of seminar topics over the next month. We came up with preliminary topics of vet care and transportation including cab companies and possibly Uber. Shon suggested someone from ADA again be present. We will also contact Ellie Carolson to see if she would again be intouested in coming again to our seminar. We will have committees in the next month to begin planning food and other logistics. We set up a food committee to begin researching food. Shon, Tiffany, Brian and Becky are on this committee. We briefly discussed our Yankee Candle fundraiser. If annone would like a magazine containing scratch and sniff sample pages, then email your addffess to Shon at dspears at cocenter.org. If you order from the magazine, these must be turned in by November 19. Online ordous must be placed was December 15th. The next meeting will be on December 14th at 4:00 PM. The media committee comprised of Shon, Becky, Brian Bianca and Beth, will meet on December 14th at 2:30 PM. The meeting was then adjhrned at 5:25 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Rahn, Secretary

Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users