[Coagdu] guide dog meeting tomorrow.

Melissa R Green graduate56 at juno.com
Sat May 10 21:36:43 UTC 2014

Hello all. there will be a guide dog meeting tomorrow at 6:30.
712-432-1500 access code 564151.
we will be discussing the seminar and putting together the agenda.  The
current agenda is attached and pasted  below.  I have inserted any contacts
that I have verified in the appropriate place.  Hope to see you all tomorrow
at the first of two meetings before the seminar.

COAGDU Agenda

9:30 registration $5.00

10:00 welcome and call to order.

Words from the national association of guide dog users(NAGDU

getting to know you and your dog

10:20 Guide dog 101

Getting a guide dog

Points in deciding if a guide dog is right for you

choosing a guide dog program/school

guide dog versus cane.

So, now you have a guide dog

What happens when you get home?

Helping people in your life Adjust and cope with your guide dog.

Personal stories

Presentors: Ellie carson from canine and canes

Michael medior from guiding eyes

guide dog users:

Beth allred

Penn street

Dishon spears

Daniel sweeny

12:00 lunch

12:45 break for guide dogs

1:00 taking care of your guide

Vet care

Grooming

Vet Q&A

2:00 Access

a.  Access in public spaces

b.  Access in housing/rental, university dorms, etc

c. law and guide dogs

D. guide dogs and transportation

E. guide dogs and airports

3:45 rapp up.

National association of guide dog users listserv.

Future meetings and events for COAGDU

COAGDU listserv on nfbnet.

Feedback from particepants

Adjournment

Melissa R Green and Pj
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky.