[Coagdu] Fw: meeting minutes from 4-12-15

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Sun Apr 26 03:56:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Please find the minutes from our last meeting below.

4-12-15

The meeting was called to order at 6:10 PM. People present were Marty, Becky, Shon, Melissa. Bionca Mendoza was also on the call. The Treasurer's report indicated that we have $412.17. We have had a deposit of $151.23 from the Yankee Candle fundraiser. We were charged $42 for ordering checks, and we discussed having a plan in place for next time to avoid being charged so much for ordering checks such as ordering from an outside vendor. We have wrote $25 checks to both Marty and Shon for reembersement of expenses related to our last state convention. The treasurer's report was appooved. A motion was also made, seconded and passed to approve the media committee minutes as well as the last division meeting minutes. Our COAGDU seminar will need to move from June 13th to June 20th due to the wedding of Wayne Marshall and his fiancae. WE decided that this date would be the best one given events coming up, and we also reafirmed that people will need to RSVP using our email address, coagduea0eain%gmail_com, or by calling Mellissa Green at 970-356-8630. We decided to have the flyer promoting the seminar done by this next week. Melissa and Shon will work on updating the general flyer. We will send out specifics a little later once we have presenters lined up. Regarding our dog treat project, we decided to have two different sizes of canning jars, a small and a large. Shon will look up sizes on Amazon so that we know what sizes to get. Shon is also trying out some recipes and will let us know if there are good ones. We then moved to discussing getting an extension on the CCB's phone system or a google number for our division. Shon is waiting on a response from Julie as to whether or not we can have an extension on the center's voicemail system. He is also investigating what it would cost to get a Google Voice number. We are also looking into getting businness cards for COAGDU. It appears that our best price would be for 500 businness cards through Vistaprint. Melissa is looking into getting the Braille Superstore to put braille on them and how much this would cost. We are also looking at ordering some small plastic signature guides from The Braille Superstore as well on which we can put our phone number and email address. We will give these away for free at events. We talked about ordering 75 of them which would cost around $175. our bouchures from the National Center that were on back order have still not arrived at the CCB, so Melsssa will call and check on the status of these. We need to begin planning our seminar agenda and also begin lining up speakers and pannelists for our seminar. We then briefly disc-ssed a t-shirt company where we can preorder t-shirts that we would first have to design. Melissa will check into the details of how this would  work. Our next meeting was scheduled for Sunday April 26 at 6:00 PM. The media committee will meet on April 25th at 6:30 PM. The meeting was then adjourned at 7:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Rahn, Secretary

Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users