[Coagdu] meeting minutes from 8-9-15

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Sat Aug 22 00:09:55 UTC 2015

 Hi all,

Please find the minutes from our last meeting below.

8-9-15

The meeting was called to order at 6:45 PM. People present were Marty, MelissaPaul Sandovol, Dawn Brady and Marion Gwizdola. We first discussed presenting a resolution at state convention concerning the education of businnesses regarding service dogs, the rights of their handlers, and the two questions that businnesses can ask under ADA and other signs that they can look for when deciding if a service dog may not actually be a service dog. We will submit this resolution along with the other two that we attempted to submit last year. We also decided to have an exhibit table at convention and that we should again share it with Greeley to minimize costs. Our meeting at state convention will be on the afternoon of October 31st. We discussed some ideas for pannels including  how to exercise your dog in a limited space, ADA education, vet care, dog p>ks and the pros and cons, etc. Our next meeting was scheduled for September 20 at 6:30 PM. The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty Rahn, Secretary

Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users