[Coagdu] 9-27-15 meeting minutes

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 02:11:18 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Here are the most recent meeting minutes.

9-27-15

The meeting was called to order at 6:45 PM. People present were Marty, Melissa, Becky and Shon. Tina and Bianca were present as guests. We met tonight to discuss the progress of getting contacts made for our seminar. Shon said that he placed an email asking for a contact from the Seeing Eye to see if we could get anyone for convention. He also finished the newsletter and sent it off to Beth for review and hopes to send it out by Friday. Becky contacted Guiding Eyes and they are unaar to come. Sy said that they would send literature if we needed it. MELISSA contacted Guide Dog Foundation and she will be the rep. Don Brady will come to represent Guide Dogs for the Blind. Becky will call her vet to see if they will come to our seminar in the Springs. Marty will see if someone from Banfield can come to speak at our seminar. We have not heard anything from Ellie about the Zoom Room and getting a door prize, or the woman from Dog Works Esential Oils. Melissa will check with her on this. The potential format of the agenda is as follows:

2:00-2:45 PM- Registration.

2:45-3:00 PM- Introductions: COAGDU Board.

3:00-3:30- Elections.
3:30-3:45 PM- What should I know if I'm contimplating gesting a guide dog- Ellie Carolson.

3:45-4:00 PM- Our program at Guide Dogs for the Blind- Don Brady.

4:00-4:15 PM- Our program at The Guide Dog Foundation- Melissa Green.

4:15-4:30 PM- Our program at The Seeing Eye- Speaker TBD. If noone comes from Seeing Eye potential topics of discussion include: dog food choice: pros and Cons of various foods, and/or access rights and the rights of guide dog users under the ADA.
4:30-4:45 PM- Vet QandA: speaker TBD.

4:45-5:00 PM- Unwind and relax! Experience the mood changing power of essential oils and the beauty of Vessel Jewelery.

5:00 PM- Adjournment.

MARTY will send this agenda out to the board for approval and suggestions. Regarding the treats for fundraising at convention, we divided up the treats that various people will purchase. Marty will get the Grandma's Cookies and the Snicker's bars, and Becky will get the Peanut and Plain ;Mand;M's. Our  seminar room will have theater style seating. Shon has talked with a woman at Yankee Candle, and if we run a campaign for the Christmas season, then we would have to have all orders tentatively in by November 17th. Our next meeting was scheduled for Sunday October 4 at 7:00 PM. We also scheduled another tentative meeting for October 5th at 7:00 PM in case the 4th does not work for everyone. The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Rahn, Secretary,
Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users