[COAGDU] COAGDU meeting notes from January.

Melissa R Green graduate56 at juno.com
Sat Feb 18 05:51:23 UTC 2017

1/15/17

The meeting was called to order at 6:10 p.m.. People present were Becky, Rene, Melissa, Shon, Ellie, and Marty. Korena was absent. Bianca was excused. Melissa first discussed the retreat that was held at the CCB for presidents of chapters and divisions last weekend, January 6th and 7th. Fundraising will be a state wide thing with proceeds being dispersed to all of the divisions instead of soley the state affiliate. There are also other committees such as communications on which members can volunteer to serve. Melissa will email the list of chairpersons to the board. Phil and Suzy Harris are with Complete Financial Spectrum. We are working with them to set up a financial presentation during which we would get $20 per person that fills out the questionnaire during the presentation. The Treasurers report indicates that we currently have $108.91. We still have charges on the account of $5 for the PAC.  Plan and another $5 to get the paper statements sent to the CCB. We decided to eliminate the paper statements being sent to the center in order to save $5, and having someone such as Becky print them out. Melissa asked about us selling the King Soopers Gift cards and the consensus was that there were already a lot of chapters and divisions doing this. Rene has looked into Bark Box and has sent them information about who we are. She is waiting for a call back from them to discuss fundraising options. Some of the divisions and activity groups within the affiliate are also attempting to raise money on Go Fund Me, however we felt that this way of fundraising is meant more for personal situations rather than raising money for organizations. The date of our next seminar was then discussed. We decided that the seminar should be held in the summer when we have summer students and others who are interested in dog guides. Saturdays in June are the 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th. We tentatively settled on June 24th. Shon will leave a message for Julie to see about reserving the center. June 10th will be our backup date in case the 24th doesn’t work.  Regarding a face-to-face meeting of the COAGDU board, we discussed April. We decided on April 8th for our in-person meeting, and Shon will ask Julie about this date also. Board members are strongly encouraged to research fundraising ideas!! Regarding our newsletter, The Waterdish, we would like to disseminate this quarterly. We discussed ideas for content including potential articles about our division, getting a guide dog, and others. Shon, Melissa  and Rene will work on the newsletter, and Ellie will take ownership of making sure that the dog guide schools know about our division and can let their new graduating teams within the state know about us as well. Everyone is strongly encouraged to think of one other topic that we can focus on four our June seminar and bring this to the next conference call. The next conference call was scheduled for Sunday, February 26th at 6:00 PM. The meting was adjourned at 6:55 PM.

Have a Blessed day.
Melissa R. Green And Pj