[COAGDU] Florida Grocer: No Dogs in Grocery Carts!

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 30 16:52:03 UTC 2018

Dear All,

We are very pleased that one major retailer is putting the clamps on the
counterfeiters! It is my assertion that no legitimate service animal user
would put their dog in a grocery cart and am pleased that one of Florida's
most respected grocers is taking a stand on this topic! Please read the
whole story below!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

 <http://nagdu.org/> Visit our website

 <http://twitter.com/nagdu> Follow us on Twitter

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.

Publix: No dogs in grocery carts, including service pets Publix: No dogs in
grocery carts, including service pets The Associated Press MIAMI . MIAMI
(AP) If you've been bringing Fido grocery shopping with you, sticking him in
your shopping cart and passing him off as a "service animal," beware.
Florida grocery chain Publix is cracking down. The grocery store has posted
new signs at the store saying only service animals trained to aid those with
disabilities are allowed in the store. No service animals are allowed to sit
or ride in shopping carts. A spokesman for Publix told the Orlando Sentinel
that's always been the policy, but said the store decided to post the signs
to make customers more aware. Service animals have become a controversial
issue as several states have tried to crack down on people potentially
abusing federal disability laws. Growing complaints have also emerged as
more people have tried to sneak pets onto airlines under the guise of
service dogs. Information from: Orlando Sentinel,
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/