[COAGDU] FW: [Juno-l] Rideshare denials

doula.jarboe at gmail.com doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:53:11 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: Juno-l <juno-l-bounces at lists.screenreview.org> On Behalf Of Becky
Davidson via Juno-l
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2022 6:45 PM
To: juno-l at lists.screenreview.org
Subject: [Juno-l] Rideshare denials

Hi, all, I sent the below earlier today with an attachment but am not sure
if it went through. It was moderated for being too big, I believe. If you'd
like the form (I'm not attaching it) just drop me an email and I'll send it
along.
Becky
Dear Guide Dog Handlers:
We are all aware that many, if not most of us have faced denials of rides
from both Lyft and Uber due to our guide dogs travelling with us. We have
recently learned from a Department of Justice (DOJ) representative that we
should file ADA complaints when this happens. You can go to www.ada.gov and
type in the search box "file ada complaint". There are several options but
you will want to file a civil rights complaint. (the link that refers to the
Department of Transportation is only for airline complaints). The blank form
is also attached here. It is an accessible PDF form that can be emailed to
the address listed or printed and mailed.
Please note: We are only focusing on direct ride share denials in which you
summoned a Lyft or Uber yourself. If you have faced denials through your
paratransit service company those complaints should be reported directly to
your transit agency's customer service number. Such complaints can also be
submitted to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
We, Margie Donovan and Becky Davidson, are available to help should you need
assistance in completing the DOJ form. You may contact Margie at
margie.donovan1 at outlook.com or Becky  at beckyb1120 at gmail.com. Once you
submit your complaint online you will receive a receipt. Please then email
that receipt to David Knight at the DOJ: David.Knight at usdoj.gov

We are undertaking this project because the DOJ has indicated that they have
had no guide dog discrimination complaints filed against Uber and Lyft. We
see many posts on e-mail lists and social media but it is now time to file
your complaint directly with DOJ.  The more complaints they receive the more
likely it is that they will take action.

Best
Margie Donovan and Becky Davidson