[Colorado-talk] NFB of Colorado Day at the Capitol: February 4

Chris Foster cfoster at nfbco.org
Wed Jan 14 18:54:01 UTC 2009

Hello NFB of Colorado Members,
This is Chris Foster, Director of Community Relations for the NFB of
Colorado.  I wanted to write to let you all know that we have scheduled
our day at the capitol for Wednesday, February 4, 2009.  We realize that
this date is coming up fast, but it was one of the only dates available
to us allowing us to use the old Supreme Court Chambers at the capitol
as our meeting place.  Most of you know that our day at the capitol is
our opportunity as an organization to meet with our legislators to
discuss with them the issues of importance facing blind Coloradoans.  As
you might all imagine, the bulk of the issues this year will surround
the economic/financial crisis facing the state and consequently,
services that are  funded by state dollars.  Keep a look out for
legislative fact sheets describing exactly what are issues are and what
we will be asking from the legislature.

The day at the capitol will start on February 4 at 08:00 am  and we
expect to rap up at around 02:00 pm.  We will meet in the old Supreme
Court chambers, where we have met in years past.  We can use however
many can make the trip up to Denver.  If you want to come to help out,
discuss this with your local chapter. Discuss with your members who
would be able to come to help out out at the capitol.  Discuss with your
chapter your transportation needs and options to get yourselves to
Denver.  If you don't have a chapter in your area, or if you have other
questions regarding our day at the capitol, feel free to contact either
myself using the contact information below or Brent Batron at
303-778-1130 Ext 222 or via email at  <mailto:bbatron at cocenter.org>
bbatron at cocenter.org
Please do your parts to make this an immediate priority within your
chapter.  We want as many people from as many parts of Colorado
represented as possible.  This is a truly important year to make sure
that our voices are heard in Denver.  So, get the word out, ask
questions if you have them, and we want to see you on Wednesday,
February 4!
Best Regards,
Chris Foster
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
Director of Community Relations
Phone: 303-635-6583
Email: cfoster at nfbco.org
Web Site: www.nfbco.o <http://www.nfbco.org/> rg