[Colorado-talk] TEAM NFB INTEREST INQUIRY

Jessica Beecham jbeecham at cocenter.org
Fri Aug 10 18:37:29 UTC 2012

Have you been interested in getting more active but just not known where to
start?  Are you an athlete who enjoys competing for good causes?  Do you
enjoy walking, running, riding bikes, or swimming?  Have you ever thought
about losing a few pesky pounds so you can fit into those jeans you used to
love?   Are you interested in raising money for the NFB of Colorado?  If you
answered yes to any of the above questions, you would be the PERFECT
addition to TEAM NFB!

TEAM NFB is an idea that I have for raising money for the NFB of Colorado
while helping blind men and women become more active or reach their athletic
goals.  You would not need to be a professional athlete to participate with
TEAM NFB.  Anyone can be trained to walk a 5k or half marathon regardless of
your current level of physical fitness.  You do not have to be blind to
participate in TEAM NFB!!!  Our sighted friends and family emmbers are
welcome!

Some of the events that Team NFB might participate in

5k walk/run

Half marathon walk/run

Marathon run

Sprint triathelons

15 mile bike races

30 mile bike races

100 mile bike races

(Pretty much any kind of race would be a possibility so let me know what you
might be interested in doing.)

Right now I am determining interest so if you think you might be willing to
walk, run, bike, or swim to help raise money for the NFB of Colorado or if
you have friends or family members who might be interested please contact
Jessica Beecham if you think you would be interested in Team NFB.
303-778-1130 extension 223 or  <mailto:jbeecham at nfbco.org>
jbeecham at nfbco.org

Jessica Beecham

Chapter and Community Development Coordinator

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

2233 West Shepperd Ave.

Littleton, CO 80120

 <mailto:jbeecham at nfbco.org> jbeecham at nfbco.org

303-778-1130 extension 223