[Colorado-talk] FW: [Alerts] Protest Tuesday in Colorado Springs to Save FREX

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Mon Aug 13 15:08:11 UTC 2012

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: alerts-bounces at lists.ccdconline.org
[mailto:alerts-bounces at lists.ccdconline.org] On Behalf Of Reiskin, Julie
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 4:24 PM
To: alerts at lists.ccdconline.org
Subject: [Alerts] Protest Tuesday in Colorado Springs to Save FREX

Frex has been an important service to help alleviate congestion and
pollution between Colorado Springs and Denver.  Plus, it has provided
an easy and cost-effective method to travel between the two cities. The
mayor says he has the right to take it away but the people made it one of
their top three priorities for bus service in our area in a survey last
year.-weekend and night service being the other two.

Frex has survived many close calls to eliminate it and now, the Mayor says
that he can, single-handedly, despite a 6-to 3 -City Council vote
kill it at the end of August.

If you love Frex, or just support it, we would like you to help us tell the
Mayor how wrong this is. Come protest with us in front of the
City Administration building 30 South Nevada ( NW corner  of Nevada and
Colorado)  on *Tuesday,August 14th, from 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M*. - with
another demonstration to follow in a week or so.

If you are unable to make the demonstration please write to him by the 13th
via email at: sbach at springsgov.com  and let him know how much you dislike
his dictatorial approach and total disregard of a 2/3 majority vote of
council to keep the FREX and even worse his disregard of the people in
killing such a popular service. and canceling a program that has been
wonderful for the residents of Colorado Springs.  If Mayor Bach is allowed
to get away with this, we are very afraid that he might go after ALL of
transit next. Such an outcome is by no means far fetched  since it sets a
precedent by canceling a transit service, ending an intergovernmental
agreement with the PPRTA and refusing to sign a labor contract.

Don't wait! Join us on the 14th and let your voice ring loud and clear for
our bus system in the Springs!

Citizens for FREX
CCDC Is part of this organization

Julie Reiskin,  Executive Director
Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
655 Broadway Suite 775
Denver, CO 80203
Direct Line 720-961-4261
Direct Private Fax 303-567-6582
Organizational Line 303-839-1775
Organizational Fax 303-839-1782
www.ccdconline.org

NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US --EVER

*CCDC IS REVAMPING OUR MEMBERSHIP LIST--we have moved to a FREE membership
(but gladly accept donations).   Some people who thought they were members
were not on our list so we are asking everyone to just sign up now so our
list accurately reflects our members.   We want to make sure we don't lose
any of you!!!  If you are already a member the system will reconcile any
duplicates.  You can sign up on line here Join
CCDC<http://www.ccdconline.org/get-involved/join>
*
*
*