[Colorado-talk] NFBCO Protest against Goodwill

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Wed Aug 15 20:13:13 UTC 2012

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

As you know, the NFB is engaged in a campaign to stop the practice of paying workers with disabilities less than the federally mandated minimum wage.  In addition to our legislative efforts on this front, we have staged a nationwide boycott against Goodwill Industries.  This is so because Goodwill is one of the largest, if not the largest, single entity which pays below the minimum wage to workers with disabilities.  To draw additional attention to this matter, we are going to protest Goodwill locations across America

on August 25, 2012.

As one of the largest and proudest members of the Federation, we will join in these protests from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM on that Saturday.  We have not yet decided which locations we will target but will be making that decision by the end of the week.  Please join us at whichever location is best for you.  Come help us make a dramatic statement that we are entitled to the same rights as anyone else.  Please stay tuned to our website and these email lists for more information on the protests.

Onward and upward,

Scott C. LaBarre, President

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado