[Colorado-talk] MetroRides' 19th Bike to Work Day is June 27 (In Colorado / Springs)

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Sat Jun 16 22:35:01 UTC 2012

Hi Again, All,

Someone mentioned something to me which made sense,
about being able to afford a tandem. So I want to add
something here. I know lots of people talk about
tandems costing in the thousands, and they easily can.
But there are often deals on used tandems for hundreds,
for anyone interested. I have an ex-Paralympic
cyclist-friend in California whom I met on the
"Blind_Cycling" list. He just the other day said he was
aware of at least 3 tandems for under $200 if I was
interested. Then there'd be the cost of shipping them
halfway across the country of course. But he said he
shipped 1 via Greyhound for $75. So if anyone is
interested, you could get a decent tandem, as this guy
is an expert and tandeming fanatic, for $300 or less,
delivered. Now, if you're like me, you don't exactly
have $300 to spend on a bicycle right now. Oh how I
wish I did. But if anyone does and would like me to,
I'll gladly put them in touch with my friend to perhaps
get themselves a tandem. I'm all about promoting and
inspiring those who are blind to get off their duffs
and out of the house more. ;-)

Blessings,

Everett

everett at everettgavel.com