[Colorado-talk] Saturday! Seminar for Blind Students in Boulder!

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 05:13:27 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
You are all cordially invited to our student seminar this Saturday
from 11:30-4:00 in the University Memorial Center, Room 245, on the
CU-Boulder campus. It is not too late to RSVP!
At our seminar we will have two successful blind professionals, David
Dawson and Gary Van Dorn, who will be on-hand to provide information
and advice about the job-hunting process. We will also have
interactive tutorials to learn how to use PowerPoint, Excel and other
common applications using screen readers. If you are interested in
participating in the computing portion of the seminar please bring a
laptop with you. We will hear from Cody Bair, a blind student who has
successfully navigated the financial aid system and received several
scholarships talk about how to obtain money for college. And, if that
wasn't enough to tempt you to come join us, there will be free pizza!
If you would like to come join us please RSVP by replying to this
email or sending me a message at
arielle71 at gmail.com
. If you have questions you can call me at
602-502-2255
We hope to see you Saturday!
Best regards,
Arielle Silverman
Secretary, Colorado Association of Blind Students