[Colorado-talk] Mile High NFBCO Elections

Gary Van Dorn garyvdrn at msn.com
Thu Jun 20 11:12:52 UTC 2013

The Mile High Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado held our elections yesterday afternoon.  I would like to thank the previous Board of the Mile High Chapter before I share the results.  I appreciate the hard work and dedication of Board members; James Gashal, Mo Melton, Karen Samuelsen, Wayne Marshall and Brenda Mosby; most of all to the members of the Mile High Chapter.  The members of the Mile High Chapter are making our efforts successful!!!!

The following individuals were elected last night to a one year term:  Gary Van Dorn, President; Mo Melton, Vice-President; Lorinda Riddle, Secretary; Karen Samuelsen, Treasurer; Brenda Mosby, Board Member; and Diane McGeorge, Board Member.

The Mile High Chapter's members and Board are looking forward to a very exciting year within the Federation family and community.  The Chapter is planning an exciting event at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts on 10 October 2013.  We will be sending information very soon on the pricing of tickets and the fun surrounding a new play entitled The Most Deserving.  This evening promises to not only be a fantastic fundraising activity but also a really wonderful way to celebrate Meet the Blind Month.  The Chapter will not forget one of the most significant items in our fundraising repertoire … CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Gary Van Dorn
President, Mile High NFBCO
Board Member, NFBCO