[Colorado-talk] DVR Public Hearing Start Next Week

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:34:17 UTC 2014

Colorado Springs and Grand Junction are up first.

I copied and pasted this info from DVR's public hearing brochure,
which I found on their web site.  Rather, I should say that I opened
the Word file and JAWS found objects, but read no text, so I pasted it
into Kurzweil 1000.  The DVR web site is:

http://www.dvrcolorado.com/

Please consider attending one of these meetings, calling in or sending
in written comments by April 30

****

 We Want Your Input!
1.	DVR's Goals FFY 2015
*	DVR will provide excellent guidance and counseling to DVR customers.
*	DVR will build public trust by demonstrating stewardship, sound
operational practices and positive internal dynamics.
*	DVR will engage in effective partnerships, teamwork and collaboration.
2.	Please tell us how satisfied you are with the services you have
received/are receiving from DVR?
3.	What services do you feel you need to meet your employment goal
that are not available?
4.	Who could DVR be helping that we are not reaching?
5.	DVR is considering developing policies & procedures to help monitor
and assure forward progress of cases.
6.	DVR is considering changes in assessing client financial contribution.
*	Gross income vs. Net Income
*	Redefining "family unit"
*	Possible Cost of Living Change
7.	Cases of fraud may result in services stopping or case closure
8.	Other Comments

@
In an effort to serve you better, the State Rehabilitation Council and
the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation invite you to take
part in public meetings on the Division's FFY 2015 State Plan and
potential policy changes.  The focus of these hearings will be to gain
your insights about the challenges, barriers and needs of persons with
disabilities.  The information we receive will be used to develop
goals and objectives to help DVR improve services and relationships to
help people with disabilities succeed at work and live independently.
This is a great time for you to share your thoughts with us about the
eight topics listed on this flyer so that we may better serve
Coloradoans with disabilities.  These meetings will also provide you
an opportunity to learn more about the programs and services offered
by the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
We would like to extend a cordial invitation for you to share your
thoughts.  You may speak at any of the meetings or you may bring
written comments.  If you are unable to attend, you may send written
comments to:  Elaine De Smedt, State Planner/Program Evaluator, 1575
Sherman St, 4th Floor, Denver, CO  80203 or
elaine.desmedt at state.co.us before April 30th, 2014 or you may
participate by phone @1-877-820-7831, passcode 190712#.
We hope that you will take a few minute to join us as we look forward
to the chance to meet you and hear from you!

We are committed to providing full accessibility for these meetings.
If you need any accommodations to participate in the meeting, please
contact:
Liz King - In-Service Training Coordinator, 303-866-4741,
Liz.king at state.co.us, Contact by April 9th, 2014

 Public Hearings
Colorado Springs		Colorado Springs Fire Station #8
April 14, 2014			3737 Airport Rd
5:00pm-6:30pm			Colorado Springs, CO  80905

Grand Junction			Center for Independence
April 16th, 2014			740 Gunnison
5:00pm-6:30pm			Grand Junction, CO 81501

Fort Collins			Poudre Valley Harmony Library
April 21, 2014			4616 South Shields
5:00pm-6:30pm			Fort Collins, CO  80526

Denver 				Colorado Center for the Blind
April 22, 2014			2233 W Shepperd Ave
5:00pm-6:30pm			Littleton, CO 80120

The phone number to call in if you need to participate by phone is
1-877-820-7831 and the passcode is 190712#.

If you cannot make the meeting and want to comment, go to our website
at  http://www.dvrcoorado.com/