[Colorado-talk] Fw: How to find the money to fund NFB youth activities

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Wed Aug 6 12:49:37 UTC 2014

The message & short mp3 recording below are worth
sharing, and worth a listen for most of us.
--Everett

------------
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 05:50:45 -0400
From: "John Bailey" <john_bailey17 at hotmail.com>
Subject: [Youth-outreach] How to find the money to
fund NFB youth activities

  ... There are more than enough ideas of how we
can assist blind youth to become more independent,
confident, and employable. However, one of the
biggest problems is finding the money to fund
these programs.

Without the cash, all we have are good intentions
and young people doing what they always did and
not going anywhere fast. However, with the
resources, we could have lots of programs like
BELL where we can be changing lives.

At the quarterly board meeting of the National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia last Saturday,
we had a program that explained exactly how easy
it is to get the funding we really need for our
programs. Below is a link to the recording. If you
find it helpful, please forward it along to others
who would also find it of use.

Please let me know if you have any questions or
how you can do the same for your chapter or
affiliate.

John Bailey
john_bailey17 at hotmail.com

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23327538/How_to_raise_thousands_for_your_chapter.mp3