[Colorado-talk] Job Opp (for a TVI) @ the Colorado Springs Independence Center

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Fri Jan 24 22:00:20 UTC 2014

Please forward this to other lists so that qualified blind people around the nation can apply if they feel led to. Thanks.

FYI, the Colorado Springs Independence Center (www.theindependencecenter.org) recently let go a blind employee who was, I believe, a TVI. It would appear someone may have jumped the gun, as they're now scrambling a bit to cover the needs of the ex-employee's clients and responsibilities.

While I'm truly said to see that employee go, I read just this morning of a Chinese proverb that says, "Crisis Equals Opportunity." Colorado Springs is more than just a nice place to visit. It's a great place to live, too. If you're a TVI or anything close, this is a definite job opp for you. We need more conpetent blind people working at the CSIC. Right now there's, I believe, only 1 now that the other has been let go. Jump on this opportunity! Don't wait for a 'now hiring' sign to be put up. Again, though, they're looking for or in need of an actual TVI, degreed, certified, or who knows what.

Blessings to Your Efforts!
Everett