[Colorado-talk] Summer Tactile Arts Info from Melissa Fishburn

Dan Burke via Colorado-talk colorado-talk at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 17:55:12 UTC 2014

Tactile Art Summer 2014
Get hands-on with art at our docent facilitated tactile tables! This
drop-in, family friendly program is designed for visitors who desire a
tactile experience with our art objects, including those who are blind
or have visual impairments.  Our next two rounds of tactile tables
will be on:
	Friday June 6 and Sunday June 8, 10am-1pm- North Level 7
Friday Aug.1 and Sunday Aug.3, 10am-1pm- North Level 6
Touch our permanently installed tactile interpretive featuring
Pre-Colombian Costa Rican artifacts. This table is for independent use
by visitors and includes information in Braille, large print, and
Spanish with each object. The table is installed on the 4th floor of
the North building and is included in general admission.
Explore the sculpture studio! Every day the museum is open, visitors
can explore the creative process behind assorted techniques and
mediums in the sculpture studio.  Level 1, Hamilton building.
Get creative with Create-N-Take programs, weekdays June 3rd-August
22nd.  Molds in Motion will help you discover the process of bronze
casting and make your very own horse mold to take home and use again
and again.  Level 7, North Building.
Visit our Thread Studio on Level 6 of the North Building.  Learn from
a 3D interpretation of the process of creating silk.  Other areas to
explore include:  El Antsui art making- Level 4 Hamilton, Postcard
Studio- Level 2 Hamilton, Precourt Family Space- Level 2 Hamilton,
Just for Fun Center- Level 2 Hamilton and Bead Studio- Level 2 North.
For further information, please visit the calendar on our Access
Programs page at:
http://denverartmuseum.org/see-do-dam/access-programs
If you need assistance with tickets, contact Sally McCance in advance
of your visit at (720) 913-0074 or access at denverartmuseum.org