[Colorado-talk] [Nfb-greeley] UNC blind students accident story

Gary Van Dorn garyvdrn at msn.com
Mon Nov 10 11:31:56 UTC 2014

There is an audible single at East Eighteenth Avenue and Franklin Street in Denver which causes me extreme consternation.  It is a very unsafe signal; beeping sounds are my trigger for seizures.  I concentrate to ignore the signal otherwise I would have walked into rush hour traffic on East Eighteenth Avenue.  Listening to the direction of traffic is far more reliable and safer.  The signal is perhaps for someone who wants to cross to St. Joseph’s Hospital.  I encounter the signal going to the Kaiser facility at Twentieth and Franklin.  I could avoid taking the 20 from downtown and take the 12 from LightRail; however, I then encounter no traffic light at Twentieth and Downing.  This area is also dangerous for no signal and there is heavy traffic on Downing with many pedestrians cross along with the sounds of heavy construction equipment for the new Exempla Hospital.

Gary