[Colorado-talk] In Memory of Amelia Batron

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:20:04 UTC 2015

With Brent's consent I'm sending out this Face Book post he made today.

On the phone tonight he talked with Julie and I about how much his Mom
loved the Federation, how she drove both he and John all over Maine to
organize and attend chapter meetings.  She loved the Colorado Center
for the Blind, and she was a faithful attendee at Denver Chapter
meetings.  Now she's at pease.

Please keep John and Brent and Ina and the kids in your thoughts and prayers.
... from Face Book:

Brent Batron

Last night at a few minutes after 8pm, my mother, Amelia Batron,
passed away. She had been suffering for a long time and had been in
hospice for the last
month. There were rainbows in the sky which Ena explained to the kids
as "Angels hugging Grandma", there was also a very bright and nearly
full moon which
symbolized a calmness and then Gavin, Sienna and Olivia were able to
locate the brightest star in the sky, right above our house, which
they know to be
Grandma watching over them.

My dad was with her at the time of her passing as he has been through
all of her struggles over the past few years but especially being at
her side over
the past year. We are all sad but excited for her to be able to move
to the next stage of her existence and we know that she is now at
peace. She has been
a wonderful mother, wife and the most loving Grandmother to her 5
grandchildren. Mom we love you -- Brent, Ena, Gavin, Sienna, Noah and
Roman.

Amelia Ann Ashley Batron April 13, 1948 - August 27, 2015