[Colorado-talk] Happy Holidays to the NFB of Colorado

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Wed Dec 23 20:30:55 UTC 2015

Season greetings everyone!

>From the LaBarre family to all of you, we wish for you a very Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and happy new year!  2015 has been a terrific year for the Federation celebrating our 75th Anniversary and we look forward to a wonderful 2016.

I also wanted to let you know that we will be conducting our State Day at the Capitol on Thursday, January 14th.  We have an ambitious legislative agenda to accomplish.  As you will recall, the Interim Study Committee on Vocational Rehabilitation Services for the Blind wound up recommending and forwarding two bills.  First, there is legislation to expand our Randolph-Sheppard Program here in Colorado to provide more opportunities for our blind merchants.  Second, the Interim Committee has also moved forward a bill that would grant tax credits to employers who hire blind individuals and employers who purchase assistive technology and other accommodations for their blind employees.  In addition to those two bills, we will be working to extend Newsline for the Blind another year.  Who knows?  There may be some other issues on tap as well.  More announcements will be coming regarding the Day at the Capitol.

Once again, I want to wish the very best for you and yours during this holiday time.  Stay warm and enjoy the season.

Warmly,
Scott LaBarre, President
NFB Colorado