[Colorado-talk] Denver Marriott South credit card policy regarding sleeping rooms

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Fri Oct 7 20:17:11 UTC 2016

Greetings,

An important reminder for those reserving a room at the Denver Marriott South for our 2016 state convention.
Hotels have a firm policy in place regarding payment for sleeping rooms.

If you present a debit card, hotel policy is to place a hold for the cost of 3 nights plus $100 for incidentals.  This hold can take a couple of days to clear or drop off your account.  Likewise, any credit card that you present must have enough room on it to provide a hold for your entire stay, whether it be for half of a room or the entire room, plus $100 for incidentals.

If you are sharing a room with someone, the first person to check in will have that entire room amount held on their card, so I suggest that you communicate with your roommates to arrive the hotel around the same time as you or that you wait and check in at the same time in order to ensure that the credit card split and hold is equal between your two debit or credit cards.

I know that this may seem like an extreme policy, but I am certain that this policy came to be after room bills in the past were left unpaid.  The hotel was put in a position to protect itself and this policy provides them the means to do so.

Should you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me at 303-504-5979.

Thanks much,

Lisa Bonderson
NFB of Colorado