[Colorado-talk] ending blindness by 2020

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Sep 2 01:28:45 UTC 2016

My fellow Federation leaders and members of the NFBCO, last week, we were
approached by 9 News which is the leading local channel regarding an effort
to end blindness by 2020.  Below are links to the National Geographic
article which  prompted the local story and the 9 News interview itself.
Certainly, we do not object to the continuing advance of medical science.
However, when they paint blindness as a tragedy and thus the reason to pour
money into the project, we must not be silent.

Best,

Scott

9 News Story

http://www.9news.com/news/health/the-effort-to-end-blindness-by-2020/3106776