[Colorado-talk] Help stop a bully

Mike Thompson mthompso at nmsu.edu
Thu Sep 29 20:58:53 UTC 2016

Looks like the mailing list broke the link.

Try:

https://www.facebook.com/FoundationFightingBlindness/reviews/

or  "https://www.facebook.com/FoundationFightingBlindness/reviews/“

Let’s see if this works.

Sorry,

-Mike

On Sep 29, 2016, at 2:20 PM, Mike Thompson via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org<mailto:colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>> wrote:

The official #HowEyeSeeIt<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/howeyeseeit?source=feed_text&story_id=1224154447645912> videos put out by the Foundation Fighting Blindness start out with the phrase, “I can’t imagine doing [blank] without my sight”. The Foundation Fighting Blindness does show a remarkable lack of “imagination” regarding the abilities of Blind people by mocking them as incompetent buffoons.

Here’s what I can’t Imagine …

I can’t IMAGINE why people of good conscience would cheer on a bully picking on a Blind child in the playground.

That is exactly what #HowEyeSeeIt is asking sighted people to do by mocking Blind people by putting on a blindfold and making a video of themselves acting like incompetent fools to raise money for FFB and then challenging other people to do the same. One of the biggest obstacles that Blind people face in their daily lives are the misconceptions that sighted people have regarding blindness and the low expectations of their ability to do common tasks. With that against them try to “Imagine” trying to get a job as a Blind person.

Please don’t participate in propagating these misconceptions by mocking Blind People. Nobody likes a bully. You can help stop this organization from Bullying Blind people by going to their organizational page and offering a rating of your own. Tell them that bullying Blind people is not the way to raise money for their cause. https://www.facebook.com/FoundationFightingBlindne…/reviews/<https://www.facebook.com/FoundationFightingBlindness/reviews/>