[Colorado-talk] Trip Tools on the RTD Website

Francisco Salvador Crespo crespofranciscosalvador at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:32:41 UTC 2017

Hello.

I can speak of my experience while at CCB, this is between September 2014 and March 2015. I think they haven't changed.
The schedules and rides features provided by RTD are fully accessible. But there are some accessibility issues with Google Maps that appear as RTD relays on Google for rote planning.
So, in all platforms desktop and mobile Google Maps does not give any verbal information of walking directions. This means that if I find a route it will tell me which transportation I can ride bot I will have to figure the walking part myself.
I tried to get Google to fix this several times: I wrote e-mails, reviews and talked to a Google person at the last national convention with no results.
About movile apps, there is one called Moovit which incorporates social features to report incidents or anythidg that may affect the public transit user. It is similar to what Waze does for drivers. Moovit has done a great effort to address accessibility issues with their app and the team is open to input from the blind community. However they also have problems with walking directions. They say they don't have the information to make available because they use Apple Maps and it does not provide the data that they need.
Hope this helps.

Best.,

Enviado desde mi iPhone