[Colorado-talk] 2018 NFBCO State Convention Agenda

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Oct 12 21:13:34 UTC 2018

Greetings folks, in two weeks, many of us will be together for the 64th
Annual NFBCO State Convention.  Pasted below and attached is what we are
calling the preliminary. Final agenda.  Events, speakers, and times are
subject to change.  I am very much looking forward to spending time with my
Federation colleagues.

Best,

Scott

AGENDA

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

64th Annual State Convention

October 25 – October 28, 2018

Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

<http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?cp=39.5417~-104.8707&where1=Denver%20
Marriott%20South%20at%20Park%20Meadows&ss=ypid.YN137x402488185&FORM=SNAPST>
10345 Park Meadows Drive

Lone Tree, CO 80124

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT!

Scott C. LaBarre, President

2233 W. Shepperd Avenue

Littleton, CO 80120

303-778-1130

NFB PLEDGE

  I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the

  National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality,

  opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the

  policies and programs of the Federation and to abide

  by its constitution.

NFB MESSAGE

  The National Federation of the Blind knows that

  blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or

  your future. Every day we raise the expectations of

  blind people, because low expectations create

  obstacles between blind people and their dreams.

  You can live the life you want; blindness is not what

  holds you back.

TRIBUTE TO OUR SPONSORS

We extend our sincerest gratitude to our Title Sponsor;

Colorado Center for the Blind.

Since 1988, the CCB has been changing what it means to be blind one life at
a time.  The Center has provided world class blindness training to students
from all over the world.  Contact Julie Deden, Executive Director,
<mailto:jdeden at cocenter.org> jdeden at cocenter.org, 303-778-1130.  Also visit
<http://www.cocenter.org/> www.cocenter.org for more information.

WE ALSO THANK OUR TITANIUM, GOLD AND SILVER SPONSORS:

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor

Comcast, Gold Sponsor

Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor

Charter Communications, Gold Sponsor

LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor

Sprint Vision, Silver Sponsor

WE Fit Wellness, Silver Sponsor

The Future of Awesome

The First Annual NFBCO Comcast 6 Dot Dash was a huge success. Thank you
Comcast team for your heart of service and your corporate commitment to
community. Special appreciation to those Comcast team members who
volunteered or took to the road with us. Who is running with us next year?

GENERAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION

REGISTRATION:

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Registration Fee:                                 $25.00

Friday Luncheon:                                 $30.00

Saturday Lunch:                                  $30.00

Saturday Banquet:                               $45.00

CHILDCARE INFORMATION:

Please contact childcare coordinator, Rebekah Felix,

719-306-5151 to make arrangements.

Childcare will be held in Hospitality Suite #528.

Friday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Parents must provide meals for their children.

Saturday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to

4:30 p.m.  Parents must provide lunch for their children.

Childcare will re-open at 6:30 p.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.

Sunday:  Childcare will be open from 8:45 a.m. to Noon.

DOG RELIEF AREA INFORMATION:

There are two dog relief areas.  The first is located off the restaurant
patio, up a few steps and left a short distance to the grassy area.  There
will be a trash can next to the railing.  The second location is located out
and to the right of the exit door that is between the Littleton and
Englewood/Parker breakout rooms.

Please deposit all waste in the trash cans provided.

Contact Dog Guide Coordinators, Melissa Green or ReNae Anderson, and pay
attention to general announcements.

DOOR PRIZES:

Julie Deden serves as our Door Prize Chairwoman.  Door Prizes will be drawn
in general Convention session and you must be present to win.  Please bring
your prizes to Julie prior to the beginning of general sessions.

RECYCLING LANYARDS AND NAME BADGE HOLDERS

If you do not care to keep your Convention lanyard and name badge holder, do
please drop them off on the registration table at the ballroom entry as
Convention winds down.  We will be able to use them for future Conventions.

EXHIBITS:

Exhibits will be open in the Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer throughout the entire
Convention at the discretion of the individual exhibitor and primarily when
there aren't competing Convention activities. The times listed below are
definitely scheduled and it is likely that exhibits will also be open during
breakout sessions, especially on Friday.

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Special Convention Offer From AIRA:

Aira is proud to be a part of the NFB family. We are grateful to President
Riccobono and all of you for being vital stakeholders in the creation of the
Aira service, enhancing access to information. Always on your terms.
Whenever you need it. And however you want it. As part of our partnership,
we are glad to offer Aira Access for the annual NFB of Colorado Convention.

What is Aira Access? It is the ability for anyone to download the Aira app
and use Aira for free, finding a hotel room, a conference room, reading a
hotel menu, describing exhibit hall tables, or calling an Uber or Lyft to
get to the airport.

To download the Aira app go here: www.aira.io/app you will see a banner at
the top of the app that says, “Tap to use Aira as a Guest for Free.”

Please stop to visit the following exhibitors and sponsors:

Aira, Exhibitor

AKB Visions for NanoPac, Inc., Exhibitor

Ambron Products, Exhibitor

AT Guys, Exhibitor

Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor

Blind Tech Training, Exhibitor

Charter Communications, Gold Sponsor

Colorado Business Enterprise Program, Exhibitor

Colorado Commission for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and

Deaf-Blind, Exhibitor

Guide Dogs for the Blind, Exhibitor

Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Exhibitor

Herbal Essences, Exhibitor

HumanWare, Exhibitor

JW.ORG, Exhibitor

LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor

The Seeing Eye, Inc., Exhibitor

Sprint Vision, Silver Sponsor

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor

WE Fit Wellness, Silver Sponsor

Note:  This year we will again be conducting a door prize drawing for all
those who can prove that they have visited at least twelve exhibitors.  You
will be given a sheet to which exhibitors will affix a sticker.  When your
sheet has twelve stickers return it to Lorinda Riddle and it will be placed
in a drawing for a nice prize.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 25, 2018

4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

KICK OFF CONVENTION AT PROJECT LITERACY RECEPTION

        Park Ridge Ballroom Salons A & B

Join the celebration as we announce new programs, honor our previous and
current scholarship recipients, and highlight our NFB BELL Colorado
Confidence Camp.  Enjoy light hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar. Meet and spend
time with our national and state NFB leaders along with your friends and
colleagues.

THURSDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 25, 2018

7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

HOW DID WE GET HERE?

Lone Tree

Dan Burke, Facilitator

We'll take a look back at various aspects of the history of the blind in
Colorado and the United States before launching into the activities of
celebrating our present and planning our future.  Our distinguished panel
will include Dr. Marc Maurer, President Emeritus and the longest-serving
President of the National Federation of the Blind; Diane McGeorge, Founder
and now Chair of the Colorado Center for the Blind Board of Directors and
long-time President of the NFB of Colorado; Peggy Chong, the Blind History
Lady and Recipient of a 2018 Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award; and Madeline Williams,
Ph.D. candidate in History at Harvard. This will be a highly interactive
session.  This conversation will be much more than a boring recitation of
facts and figures but rather focus on philosophy and how our history affects
us today.

FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 26, 2018

8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

REGISTRATION

                Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

Pick up your pre-registration packets and register for door prize drawings.
If you didn’t register in advance, Convention Registration is $25.00, Friday
Luncheon $30.00, Saturday Luncheon $30.00, and Banquet $45.00.

8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS SHOWCASE

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

Peruse this year’s selection of Convention Sponsors and Exhibitors and find
out what is new in technology, products, and services.  In particular, we
once again want to salute our Title Sponsor, Colorado Center for the Blind.
Our heart felt thanks goes out to Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Comcast,
Audio Information Network of Colorado, Charter Communications, LaBarre Law
Offices, P.C., Sprint Vision and WE Fit Wellness.

8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

        RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE

                Littleton A & B

        Brent Batron and Dan Burke, Co-chairmen

Come and help set the policy of the National Federation of the Blind of
Colorado!

8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

NFB OF COLORADO KID CORRAL

Hospitality Suite #528

Bekah Felix, Corral Leader

This is our NFB of Colorado Childcare and it’s not just babysitting.  Bekah
has planned a number of activities to keep the kiddos busy.  Although there
is no charge for Corral, we ask that you register your children for the
Convention.  Donations to NFBCO are welcome to help defray the expenses.
Kids in childcare will be eligible to receive door prizes through their
parents if their names are called.  Also, parents are responsible for
providing the children with meals, except for the banquet when pizza will be
provided to the kiddos.  Snacks will be available throughout.

11:00 a.m. to 1:40 p.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION I

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

This first general session of the Convention will be a working lunch.  Make
sure you grab your delicious boxed lunch as you enter the ballroom.

11:00 a.m.

OPENING CEREMONIES

Scott LaBarre, President, NFBCO, Centennial, Colorado; Pam Allen, First Vice
President, President, NFB Louisiana, Ruston, Louisiana

Welcoming remarks, Convention Logistics, National Anthem, Pledge of
Allegiance, NFB Pledge, Door Prizes, and More

11:15 a.m.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY AND WHAT COMES NEXT?  A Report from the
Blindness and Low Vision Unit of Colorado DVR

Steve Anton, Director, Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation,
Denver, Colorado; Julia Zanon, Manager, Blindness and Low Vision Unit,
Denver, Colorado

12:00 p.m.

FROM STONE TABLETS TO TABLET COMPUTING: How Technology for the Blind Has
Evolved and What the Future Portends

Curtis Chong, President Emeritus and Current Treasurer, NFB in Computer
Science Division, Aurora, Colorado

12:25 p.m.

OUR STATE GOVERNMENT’S COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBLE TECHNOLOGY: It’s More Than
Just

the Law

Casey Carlson, Chief Enterprise Architect, State of Colorado, Denver,
Colorado; Theresa Montano, Solutions Architect of Accessibility, State of
Colorado, Denver, Colorado

1:00 p.m.

PRESENTING THE 2018 NFBCO SCHOLARSHIP CLASS

Jessica Beecham, Chair, NFBCO Scholarship Committee, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

Jedediah Holcomb

Haxtun, Colorado

Northeastern Junior College – Sterling Colorado

Paralegal with Constitutional Law Emphasis

Christina Laty

Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Arapahoe Community College – Littleton

Education

Carina Orozco
Centennial, Colorado

Metropolitan State University of Denver
Social work

Shalini Menon

Hoboken, New Jersey

Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey

        Financial Engineering

1:20 p.m.

BRINGING LITERACY TO THE BLIND OF COLORADO: A Report From Our Talking Book
Library

Debbi MacLeod, Director, Colorado Talking Book Library, Denver, Colorado

1:40 p.m.  ADJOURN SESSION I

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 26, 2018

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

        CHOOSING THE CAREER THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU

                Littleton B

Presented by the staff from Blind and Low Vision Services, Colorado Division
of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Colorado Center for the Blind

Learn about how to use the career index to gain information about all types
of jobs; what should you consider when choosing a career; what
qualifications should you have; what about jobs in the future.  This seminar
will give you the direction that you have been looking for!

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

2018 NFBCO TECHNOLOGY SEMINAR

Our Smartphones are Getting Smarter

        Lone Tree

Chip Johnson, Technology Instructor, CCB

Join us for the technology seminar where we will discuss and demonstrate
various apps you can use to get information with your Smartphone.  These
will include well-known applications such as Siri, Alexa and the Google
Assistant as well as more specialized apps like Seeing AI, Be My Eyes, and
Aira.  We want to hear from you!  Bring your questions and tell us about
your favorite apps.

2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

        SENIOR DIVISION ANNUAL MEETING:

        Live the Life You Want As a Senior

                Littleton A

Diane McGeorge, President

NFBCO Senior Division

We welcome all seniors, friends and family members to our annual meeting.
Come and find out about exciting programs for seniors across the state of
Colorado.  We will also have a program on emergency preparedness. Attend our
meeting and learn from an expert how you can be better prepared in case of
an emergency.

2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

BLIND PARENTS DIVISION

                Salon A

Nate Trela, President, Englewood, Colorado

Blind parents face several hurdles in getting their sighted children behind
the wheel, with added costs and logistical challenges that parents who drive
don't face.  We'll hear about the process from a blind parent's point of
view, walk through the potential speedbumps to getting your child a driver's
license with a rep from the DMV and discuss ways to keep down the thousands
of dollars in annual car insurance costs.

Division elections are slated for 3:30 p.m.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

ART FOR ALL: Drop by to find out what all the fun is about!

                Englewood Room

The Drop-In-Art Room welcomes everyone.  Try your hand at making maps,
drawing pictures, or creating key-chains, and cane decorations!  Free art
making materials will be provided.  Art instruction will be shared.  This
room is organized by Jenny Callahan and sponsored by the North Metro Denver
NFB Chapter.

3:40 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.

COMING ACROSS WITH CONFIDENCE

        Littleton B

Presented by the staff from Blind and Low Vision Services, Colorado Division
of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Colorado Center for the Blind

Make the employer excited about hiring you; should you let them know that
you are blind ahead of time; what should you wear; how early should you
arrive; take steps to insure that you get the job that you want!  This
seminar will be sprinkled with tips and techniques that you can use to get
the job.

3:40 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.

"Extra-Extra! Learn All About It!”

                Lone Tree

NFB-Newsline®, it is even greater than you think.

Learn how to maximize this most dynamic information and entertainment
service.  Weather alerts, breaking news, department store ads, job listings,
and much more!  NFB-Newsline® power-users Nijat Worley and Dorothy Griffin,
NFB of Georgia Affiliate President, will give you the news....

4:10 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.

MOUNTAINS AND PLAINS AT LARGE CHAPTER MEETING

                Littleton A

        ReNae Anderson, President

The At Large Chapter of the NFBCO Will be having their annual in person
meeting, where we will get to know each other better and hold our annual
election of officers and board members.  There will be door prizes and
information for everyone!  Come join us and remember to bring your annual
membership dues.

You won’t want to miss this exciting meeting! Remember, we are the largest
chapter in the state and we would love to have you join us!

4:10 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

COLORADO PARENTS OF BLIND CHILDREN

          Salon A

Networking Increases Your Child’s Net Worth

Parents will have the chance to share ideas and

experiences with one another.  We will also have a

panel of blind adults who will share the experiences that

shaped them into successful blind adults.

We want to assist you in understanding the

importance of setting high expectations for your child,

both in the classroom and at home.  Help your child

achieve age appropriate goals as they prepare for their

future, no matter what their age.

                FRIDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 26, 2018

7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

        NOMINATING COMMITTEE

                Lone Tree

        Julie Deden, Chairperson

(Note:  This is the only closed meeting of the Convention.  Only appointed
representatives

from chapters and divisions are permitted to

be in attendance.)

7:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. or Until the Cows Come Home

NFBCO CAFÉ AND MISSION TO NOCTERRA

        Park Ridge Ballroom Salons B, C & D

Join your Federation colleagues for a fun filled night where we can catch up
with old friends, meet new ones, and blow off some steam.  We will have NFB
musicians perform; open the mic to others who wish to do so, entertain some
karaoke performers, and will otherwise frolic.  Brett Boyer, Technology
Instructor at the CCB, will be our Master Mixer and he will host the evening
and otherwise spin the platters that matter all night long.

Experience an escape-type room in Salon B, called Mission to Nocterra which
is a pitch-black puzzle room intended to put sighted and blind people on
equal footing.  As you walk in you are told about how we found this alien
vessel containing examples of the Nocterran planet, who’s sun emits all
wavelengths but light.  Each of the five walls inside has a unique puzzle to
explore and solve, each person gets one wall for themselves for the
10-minute allotted time.

A cash bar and light deserts will be available throughout the evening.

SATURDAY MORNING OCTOBER 27, 2018

7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.

ANNOUNCING NFB OF COLORADO PROJECT LITERACY SPEAKERS' BUREAU!

Lone Tree

How would you like to practice your presentation skills, build your
confidence, and bring a positive voice about blindness to service clubs,
schools, and civic organizations.  Join us for an exclusive continental
breakfast workshop. Only 15 seats available.

The cost for the workshop is only $10 and includes a continental breakfast.
RSVP is a must.

Email  <mailto:kevan at wefitwellness.com%20> kevan at wefitwellness.com or call
303-929-2369.

8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

REGISTRATION

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS EXCLUSIVE

SHOWCASE

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

9:00 a.m. to 1:35 p.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION II

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

9:00 a.m.

A HARDY GOOD MORNING AND OPENING LOGISTICS

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

9:05 a.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT AND TRANSFORMING OUR DREAMS INTO REALITY ALL AROUND
AMERICA AND THE WORLD: A National Report

Pam Allen, First Vice President, NFB; President, NFB Louisiana, Executive
Director, Louisiana Center for the Blind, Ruston, Louisiana

9:45 a.m.

EXPECTING AND ENSURING THE HIGHEST QUALITY EDUCATION FOR BLIND CHILDREN IN
COLORADO

Dr. Tanni L. Anthony, Director of Access, Learning and Literacy Team,
Exceptional Student Services Unit, Colorado Department of Education, Denver,
Colorado

10:05 a.m.

FROM THE VALLEYS TO THE PEAKS: One Man’s Amazing Journey Through Our
Education System

Brent Batron, Second Vice President, NFB Colorado, Immediate Past President,
CAER, Member, Board of Trustees, Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind,
Assistant Director, CCB, Centennial Colorado

10:25 a.m.

THE NFB LEGAL PROGRAM: What It is, How We Do It, and Why It Is Important

Marc Maurer, Immediate Past President, Director of Legal Policy, NFB,
Baltimore, Maryland

10:45 a.m.

TAKING CHARGE FOR THIRTY YEARS: A Report from the Colorado Center for the
Blind

Julie Deden, Executive Director, Centennial, Colorado and Students, Alumni,
and Staff

11:30 a.m.

MY BLINDNESS, MYSELF

Meet three Federationists who will share their inspiring stories about their
blindness and the Federation’s role in allowing them to live the lives they
want.

12:15 p.m.

NFBCO LUNCHEON

As we dine, we will salute our Convention sponsors, give out door prizes,
take up some auction items, and otherwise network with our Federation
colleagues.

1:00 p.m.

WITH LOVE, HOPE, AND DETERMINATION, WE CHANGE THE WORLD: A Presidential
Report

Scott C. LaBarre, President NFB Colorado

1:35 p.m.  Adjourn Session II

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 27, 2018

2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

NON-24 CIRCADIAN RHYTHM DISORDER EDUCATION PROGRAM

                Lone Tree

Sponsored by Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Come learn more about a debilitating disorder called Non-24 from our nurse
educator expert – Shauna Jatho.  Non-24 is a serious, chronic circadian
rhythm disorder that is very common in people who are totally blind.  Non-24
causes nighttime sleep problems and a wide range of daytime difficulties,
including an overwhelming urge to sleep during the day affecting the ability
to do everyday tasks.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the
development and commercialization of innovative therapies to address high
unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

BLINDNESS AND BEHAVIOR: A CASE STUDY

A Training Hosted by CAER

                Salon A

Paula Conroy, Ed.D TVI/COMS & Amber Rundle Kahn, TVI/COMS, Doctoral Student

A discussion of various approaches to working with blind students who also
have challenging behavior, including current trends in the research behind
the approaches. The presenters have been studying national trends in
managing challenging behaviors for students with special needs. Time will be
devoted to topics pertinent to both child and adult learners. Additionally,
we will cover IDEA regulations around planning and providing services to
students with challenging behaviors. Strategies will be shared and there
will be time for discussion, questions and answers.

The cost for this seminar is separate from convention registration.  For
CAER members the cost is $10 and $20 for non-members.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS BUSINESS MEETING

        Littleton A

Pipi Adams, President, CABS

Littleton, Colorado

Working to support all blind students in Colorado, through peer support and
developing self-advocacy skills.  Join us as we empower blind students in
their educational endeavors.

The agenda will include guest speakers, a Presidential Report, advocacy in
education and elections.

$5 registration

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

SPORTS AND RECREATION DIVISION MEETING

        Littleton B

Maureen Nietfeld, President, Sports and Recreation Division, Littleton,
Colorado

Join Sports and recreation for our annual meeting!

Hear about our successful first annual 5K, and how you can get involved for
next year’s race.  Find out how you can get involved with blind hockey, and
learn about essential oil‘s 101.  Find the motivation to get started on your
New Year’s goals early and share your goals with us!  We hope to see you
there!!!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

ART FOR ALL: Drop by to find out what all the fun is about!

                Englewood Room

The Drop-In-Art Room welcomes everyone.  Try your hand at making maps,
drawing pictures, or creating key-chains, and cane decorations!  Free art
making materials will be provided.  Art instruction will be shared.  This
room is organized by Jenny Callahan and sponsored by the North Metro Denver
NFB Chapter.

3:10 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS

               Lone Tree

Melissa, Green, President, COAGDU

Greeley, Colorado

Join the Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users, for an afternoon filled
with learning, support and fun.  You will become acquainted with other guide
dog users, those who love and support them, and those who may become guide
dog users themselves.  Lastly, your presence will enable you to help make
decisions about the division going forward.

Dues are $5 and gives you membership in both Colorado and with NAGDU on the
national level.

3:40 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND MERCHANTS

                Littleton B

Bradly Basta, President Colorado Association of Blind Merchants, Golden,
Colorado

We will be discussing the ways in which we can strengthen and grow our BEP
program and other entrepreneurs in Colorado, and many topics pertaining to
this.

3:40 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        DEAF-BLIND SEMINAR

               Littleton A

Doula Jarboe, Denver Colorado and Paul Migliorelli, Boulder Colorado

Are you blind and also hearing impaired, or do you know someone who is
deaf-blind?  Come join us for some wonderful presentations about how to live
the life you want as an individual who happens to be deaf-blind.  And also
have the opportunity to network with others who encounter the same issues as
you do living with deaf-blindness.

SATURDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 27, 2018

6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

        PRE-BANQUET RECEPTION

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

Let’s get tuned up for our Annual Banquet with a cash bar and socializing
with one another.

7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

        ANNUAL BANQUET

Master of Ceremonies, Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFBCO, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

KEYNOTE ADDRESS

Pam Allen, First Vice President, NFB, President, NFB Louisiana, Executive
Director, Louisiana Center for the Blind, Ruston, Louisiana

Remarks from the Honorable Jessie Danielsen, Colorado House District 24,
Speaker Pro Tempore

AWARDS AND OTHER SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS

Scott C. LaBarre, President, NFB of Colorado

NFB OF COLORADO 2018 SCHOLARSHIP       PRESENTATIONS

Jessica Beecham, Chairperson, Committee on Scholarships, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

ANNUAL FUNDRAISING AUCTION

Maryann Migliorelli, NFB of Colorado Auction Chairperson

        PAC IT UP!

        Monique Melton, NFB of Colorado PAC Chairperson

       NFB OF COLORADO AMAZING RAFFLE DRAWING

SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 28, 2018

8:15 a.m. to 11:47 a.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION III

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

8:15 a.m.

NFB COLORADO ANNUAL CHAPTER AND DIVISION BREAKFAST

Julie Deden, Mistress of Ceremonies, First Vice President, NFB Colorado and
Executive Director, CCB, Centennial, Colorado

We will dine on a scrumptious breakfast and hear reports from all chapters
and divisions of the NFB of Colorado.

9:30 a.m.

MOVING MOUNTAINS AND DEMANDING HIGHER EXPECTATIONS

Kimberly Banks, Second Vice President, National

Organization of Parents of Blind Children, Geneva,

Florida

9:50 a.m.

NFBCO PROJECT LITERACY: What It Is and Why It’s Important to Our Future

Kevan Worley, CEO, Worley Enterprises, Member, Board of Directors, NFB
Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado

10:10 a.m.

ALL ABOUT THE BUSINESS OF THE FEDERATION

We will take up resolutions, conduct elections for our Board of Directors,
review our financial report, facilitate the Honor Roll Call of Chapters and
Divisions, and hear final remarks from Pam Allen our National
Representative.

11:47 a.m.

END SESSION III AND ADJOURN THE CONVENTION