[Colorado-talk] Parents of Blind Children Meetings - Grand Junction, CO

Rob trebor681 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:36:27 UTC 2019

Good Morning Everyone,
We are announcing the schedule for the Parents of Blind Children meeting in
Grand Junction, CO. If you have questions you can email
grandvalleynfb at gmail.com to contact our chapter or my contact info is
below. We look forward to seeing you there. Please feel free to forward to
anyone that may be interested. Actual agendas will be announced prior to
each meeting.

Have a great day!

Rob Harris
970-208-3100
trebor681 at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/BlindLVGJ/

Who: Parents of blind, low vision, visually impaired children, friends,
families, and those interested
What: Monthly meeting in Grand Junction for 2019
Where: Hosted by The Arc of Mesa County
845 Grand Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
When: The second Tuesday of each month 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
February 12th
March 13th
April 10th
May 8th
June 11th
JULY NO MEETING
August 13th
September 10th
October 8th
November 12th
December 10th

Why?
Colorado Parents of Blind Children

  The Colorado Parents of Blind Children (CO-POBC) is a division of the
NFBCO.  Its mission is to offer support, information and encouragement to
families and friends of blind/visually impaired children.

Here is what CO-POBC does:

   - We connect families to each other and to blind role models in the
   community.
   - We offer support and information about educational issues, the IEP
   (Individualized Education Program), Braille, technology and
scholarships. Click
   here for a list of resources for parents.
   <https://www.nfbco.org/for-parents/resource-list>
   - We organize family social events.
   - We sponsor seminars and workshops for parents at the NFBCO State
   Convention.
   - We provide access to free canes for kids.
   - We support the Colorado Center for the Blind Youth Services Programs
   as parent mentors and participants (www.cocenter.org).

Parenting a child with blindness or a severe vision impairment can be a
lonely job…there just aren’t that many of us out there!  CO-POBC wants you
to know you are not alone.  Our organization not only provides a platform
for parents to share their experiences and voice their concerns, but most
importantly CO-POBC connects us to the real experts on blindness…the
members of National Federation of the Blind.  Our mentors and friends in
the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado reach out to us, the
families of blind and visually impaired children, to demonstrate that, with
the proper attitude and adaptive skills, lack of visual acuity can be
reduced to a mere nuisance.
--
Rob Harris