[Colorado-talk] ALERT, ALERT, ALERT, ALERT!!!! NFB VOTING RIGHTS BILL ON THE MOVE!!!!!

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 19:12:56 UTC 2019

Greetings all -

As Scott announced earlier this week, our bill to create equal access
to the Colorado mail ballot is scheduled for a vote on Monday
afternoon at 1:30 p.m.  The hearing details are below.

Of course, anyone who wants to come to the hearing, either to testify
or help make a strong showing from the NFB of Colorado is encouraged
to do so.  We are planning our initial lineup for testimony right now.

For those that can't be at the Capitol on Monday, and actually for all
of us, calling or e-mailing the members of the State and Military
Affairs Committee would really help this bill.  For some reason, the
secretary of State's office has been a little balky, though we are
still talking with them about the language of the bill.  So we need
the committee members to feel that there are a lot of blind Coloradans
who want this bill.  And that effort should begin right away, and not
wait for the committee tomeet.

What you should say:

My name is *** and I live in ***.  I am blind and a member of the
National Federation of the Blind.  I want equal access to voting
privately and independently by mail.  Please support SB19-202 on
Monday.

The committee members, their phone numbers and e-mail addresses are
listed below.  Also, the areas they represent.  Feel free to contact
them all, or just the chair, Sen. Mike Foote.  If one of them
represents you, definitely contact him or her.  If you are a Democrat
or Republican, by all means contact someone of your party and tell
them you are of their party.

Okay, thanks to all of you in advance!  We know how to get things done, right?

Dan

# # #
SB19-202 Voting Rights For Voters With Disabilities

Hearing before the Senate State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee
Monday, April 1
1:30 pm  |  SCR 357

Senate State, Veterans and Military Affairs committee

COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Senator Mike Foote, Chair - D
Boulder County
303-866-5291
mike.foote.senate at state.co.us

Senator Lois Court, Vice Chair-  D
Parts of Arapahoe & Denver Counties
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
303-866-4861
lois.court.senate at state.co.us

Senator Rhonda Fields - D
Eastern Arapahoe County
303-866-4879
rhonda.fields.senate at state.co.us

Senator Vicki Marble - R
Parts of Broomfield, Weld & Larimer Counties
Minority Caucus Chair
303-866-4876
vicki.marble.senate at state.co.us

Senator Jerry Sonnenberg – R
COUNTIES: Cheyenne, Elbert, Kit Carson, Lincoln, Logan, Morgan,
Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, Yuma
303-866-6360
senatorsonnenberg at gmail.com