[Colorado-Talk] Resolutions Deadline Oct. 25

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 19:12:38 UTC 2019

Greetings -

In the past week you've read about Colorado's online accessible voting
option for voters with disabilities, or maybe you caught the CBS
Denver story on it Tuesday night. How did something so great come to
pass? Well, it started with an idea of something that would benefit us
all as blind Coloradans, something that, in this case, would give us
more equal access to voting privately and independently.

That idea turned into a resolution, and we passed that resolution less
than a year ago. Today, that idea is reality for blind voters in
Colorado because the NFB of Colorado took that resolution and turned
it into action, finding a sponsor for a bill in the legislature,
negotiations, hearings, votes, and the Governor's signature.

And there was a lot of work that followed that signing, but that's a
general outline. Now, not every resolution turns into what we want so
quickly, most take longer, some we're still working on. But to get
things rolling you need to take up your keyboard, slate & stylus,
etc., and write a resolution. Send that resolution to Brent Batron or
me, and do it by next Friday, October 25.

I know that there was a post that said the deadline was today, and
that this week the Blind Coloradan says October 25. So, here's the
final answer from Brent and I as Chairs of the Resolutions Committee -
the deadline is next Friday, October 25.

e-mail:

bbatron at cocenter.org

dburke at cocenter.org

If you have an idea, but find the format of the resolutions, with all
those whereases and therefores and Romeo where art thous confusing,
Brent and I will be happy to work with you. Just call us at the Center
at 303-778-1130.

Resolvedly yours,

Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"