[Colorado-Talk] technology group

Heather Albright kd5cbl at outlook.com
Fri Apr 17 04:37:17 UTC 2020

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is going to have a tec conference in zoom for those who have to say set up a network at home? I was thinking, we are all at home and using the internet much more often. I always took my modem for granted along with the router provided by my cable provider. But, now, if something happens to my equipment, if I do not want a strange person to come in my home bringing the virus along with them, how do I figure out how to fix my own issues and how can I set up my own network safely. I just do not want to rely on a virus/malware program alone. I saw a lot of zoom conferences across the board but, I am wondering if they are going to have one to teach us how to create our own network set ups. Like which routers and modems work best with assistive technology and which mesh networks are accessible? How to understand firewalls and when does one need to use a vpn? All the things I wish I had learned in tec class at the center, well, I do not think we had those discussions back then woe! Thanks, Heather