[Colorado-Talk] Let me please apologize

Kevan Worley kevan at nfbco.org
Mon Apr 27 18:17:45 UTC 2020

At Your Service,
Kevan Worley Greetings my federation family. Many weeks ago now we develop the mountain time at five zoom calls. They have been wildly successful. I appreciate those of you who have been willing to be guests, serve as facilitators, listen in and or join in the conversation. I have learned a great deal. They say you can’t teach old dogs new tricks. I am learning a great deal from all of the participants. Thank you. However, the calls really should be a safe place where members and nonmembers alike can come and share ideas, perspectives, knowledge they may have and, their feelings. Now, those of you who know me know that I love nothing more than a good debate. I think the Federation philosophy, the living philosophy that we have deserves scrutiny, debate and close observation as we grow. We have done some of that. I have enjoyed it. I particularly have enjoyed philosophy Fridays. However, it occurs to me that because I love the debate I sometimes will nitpick a little bit with some of my buddies. Last Friday I was pushing on Curtis Chong a little bit. I believe the debate may have sounded on a zoom line much more confrontational than I meant it to sound. There’s no one on the planet I enjoy idea exchange with better than Curtis Chong. Well, there’s Scott LaBarre, Jim Gashel, Jesica Beecham etc. But the point is that folks don’t really need to listen to too old white guys talk over each other. I regret my error. The thing is, I learn a lot by pushing back on my colleagues. I learned from the discussion we had last week. And I appreciate everybody’s for Barents. I appreciate the teaching I get from Curtis and others. However, our mountain time at five calls are for sharing and considering. We don’t want to become like a bad Radio talkshow we’re all of the participants just yell over each other. I will bear my recent actions in mind and I apologize. Thanks you guys.