[Colorado-Talk] We May Be In Dog Days of Summer But This Issue of Blind Coloradan Packs a Wallop

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Thu Aug 6 16:10:19 UTC 2020

Hello,

As we go to press, We await details on the town hall Zoom meeting held by
officials working on the complete renovation of the 16th Street Mall to get
input from Colorado Citizens with Disabilities. The meeting was well
attended by members of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado on
Wednesday, August 5th. We will have further details in the next Blind
Coloradan.

Yes! I know we don't have an opt-out on this email. Your aggregator hasn't
figured out how to do it. However, please know, if you wish not to receive
these updates just send me a note. We will be sad to see you go but we will
honor your wishes with a heavy heart.

Let
<https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/2020/08/writer-aggregator-kevan-worl
ey.html> 's get down to business!

Ready, Set, Go! Announcing the 3rd Annual NFBCO 6 Dot Dash. Sponsored in
Part by Comcast

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado State Convention Anywhere and
Everywhere

Language, Action, and Destiny: The Lived Experience of the Organized Blind
Movement. An Address By Mark A. Riccobono

Are There Virtual Chapter Meetings or Meet-Ups in My Area? Of Course There
Are. For Info Just Email Assistance at nfbco.org <mailto:Assistance at nfbco.org>

Horsin' Around at the Colorado Center for the Blind By Dan Burke

Diversity and Inclusion, Sustaining the Effort

Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind Returning to Learning August 24

Sports and Recreation: Moving Through Our First Virtual Convention By
Jessica Beecham

Preserving Our History By Peggy Chong

Ring the Bell! Ring the Bell for Learning, Literacy, and Fun in the
Summertime

The Education of Blind/Low Vision Students in the 21st Century
A Call for Innovation and Creative Thinking

Update from Our State Library From Debbie MacLeod, Executive Director

Dog Days of Summer

That's It for This Edition of the Blind Coloradan.

Forward, always Forward!

Manager, Project Literacy

303-929-2369

 <http://www.nfbco.org/> www.nfbco.org