[Colorado-Talk] Correction: Old Supreme Court Chambers on 2nd Floor of the Capitol

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 15:44:26 UTC 2020

Mea culpa, mea culpa!

I lied, but I didn't mean to. For some inexplicable reason my past
e-mails state that the Old Supreme Court Chambers, newly renovated,
are on the 3rd floor of the state Capitol building. Well, the
renovations are probably wonderful, but they haven't been so extensive
as to moved the chambers from the 2nd to the 3rd floors.

That's right, I lied. But thanks to alert member Curtis Willoughby, my
geographical error  has rightly been called out. The room number is in
fact 220, and it is on the north end of the Capitol, but most
decidedly   on the 2nd floor!

Maybe it's the 10 degree-weather, but writing that last sentence
brings to mind the "Wizard of Oz" scene in which the Munchkin coroner
sings the following about the Wicked Witch of the East:

"She is not merely dead, but really quite sincerely dead."

I plead frostbite of the frontal lobe.

But whatever, it will be warmer tomorrow for our Day at the Capitol,
which will convene in the 2nd floor's Old Supreme Court Chambers at
about 12:15 p.m. There, we will break up into groups and follow the
marble and granite hallways of the Capitol to the offices of the 98
current members, so that we can bring the message of the National
Federation of the Blind and of our concerns and interests to each.

See you then!

Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"