[Colorado-Talk] Thoughts on Living the Life You Want

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:53:10 UTC 2020

I am compelled to respond on living the life I want.  If you are working,
you are possessing skills that help you work.  NFB doesn't see that in
everybody.  I am not going to work because someone tells me that I need to,
I want to.  Same with blind training centers'  I am further along than most
folks, and I don't need to rock climb or river raft, I've done this as a
child.  Anyone who knows Braille Institute or the Foundation for the Junior
Blind (Wayfinder Family Services for the Blind) knows that they don't need
to be coddled, belittled, or made fun of.  At nearly 46, (birthday is March
21,) I've been taught by NFB to be militant, self-reliant, and
self-sufficient.  I will not hold someone's hand and coddle them; I will
give them tough love.  When I went to the Utah State Convention, I saw 3
things: (1) blind people in action, (2) empowerment, and (3) a chance to go
beyond blindness.  My Federation friends, NFB can only give us pointers, we
must shine, not let people baby us.  You do not have to work to live the
life you want.  You must grow, you must pray, you must live.

Living The Life I Want,

Eric
..

..

Happy 2020.  Eric on Facebook: eric at pmpmail.com; click on: Works for God,
the Heavenly Father.  Want friends from all walks of life?  My group, Pen
Pals, Prayer Requests, and more with Eric Calhoun, at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/631397660379317/

..

Love Labradors?  P fease join my Facebook Group, Loving Labs,
athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2207028296232736/

Peace on earth!  Goodwill to men!

..

God bless you all!