[Colorado-Talk] my thoughts on living the life you want

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 08:02:38 UTC 2020

hello scott,
thanks for putting down your thoughts and feelings on this topic. it
was written very well and, eloquently! yes, this is sooo true on all
you had said in your message. we aren't cookie cutter people. we all
have our strengths and weaknesses in our lives. we are all different
besides being blind. as for me the reason that I am a active member in
the nfb is that I felt that I was somewhat not a part of the blindness
world. I knew blind people but, they weren't capable or compentant
people who lived normal lives in society. I only knew my sister who
was also blind like myself. I had hid my blindness for many years and,
when I found the nfb I found sooo more in my life. I found confidence,
love, hope, freedom, independence, and friendship. my life has changed
sooo much in my life since I joinded the nfb in 1995 but, I have to
also have doubts in my life as a blind person. but, we in the nfb we
are all here as a family. we have issues like all families do and, we
always will but, we believe in this slogan that you can live the life
you want to live. it's your choice and, how you want to create and,
live in that moment.

so, that's my thoughts on this topic take care all and, I look forward
to others here on this list to also chime on this topic!

hugs,
amy