[Colorado-Talk] Thoughts on the motto living the life you want.

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Wed Jan 8 18:52:47 UTC 2020

Sandy, thanks to you and Jenny for giving some thought to the question we posed in Blind CO Blog. We will continue the dialog as we move forward. It is through this kind of discussion that we strengthen the organization. We absolutely must do more to highlight and honor those who volunteer, those who are retired and enjoy arts and crafts, those who are stay at home moms and decide to go back to school. You have served in leadership positions and, although I have not had much of an opportunity to work with you yet, I hear only kind things about the effort you make. As I recall, you received a scholarship. I remember reading about you as a non-traditional stay at home mom who has made it your challenge to return to school.

What I would say to each and every one of our brothers and sisters is, that if you want to be recognized, if you want us to do a better job of highlighting folks who choose a different path through life, you have the opportunity and I would submit the obligation to help us do that. I value everyone's right to live the life they want. I want to highlight everyone's life, aspirations, capacity, heart, and contribution.

Sometimes we make mistakes. We are a people's movement. This means we are an organization filled with imperfect people. This is why our love, hope, and determination does make a difference. Stay engaged and help make it so.

Manager, Project Literacy
303-929-2369
www.nfbco.org