[Colorado-Talk] Podcast referral assistance

Gail Hamilton gail at soaringintogreatness.com
Sat Jun 20 19:09:27 UTC 2020

Thanks so much, this is helpful!

From: Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Jan Ahmed via Colorado-Talk
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 8:32 PM
To: NFB of Colorado Discussion List <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jan Ahmed <janahmed07 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Colorado-Talk] Podcast referral assistance

 Hi Gail, I am a podcast junkie. Most of the podcast that I listen to, though, don’t talk about disability much. I have thought about starting a podcast does that discussing how disability intersects with so many other things. But I would want to do it with someone else, in a cohost kind of format and I haven’t found enough people that would want to do that with me or and or someone who’s also technically challenged enough to do the podcast. In any case,
 I have way too many podcasts to list here. The issues range from racism to an interesting take on stories in the news to just things that I call interesting. They are the long time staples such as this American life, Planet Money and Radiolab.
 I have some about faith but if you’re not interested in Islam or progressive Christianity or interfaith issues, those will  Not excite you either.

   Colorado public radio has a podcast called Colorado Matters. I don’t know if you would be able to get on there and do some motivational speaking or not.
I haven’t checked out the disability podcast above but I will. The one I know about is called ouch and it’s from England. And it’s more of a disability podcast and less of a blind person’s podcast. I haven’t listen to in a while and I don’t know if it’s still making the rounds. But you might be able to contact them and see if they are looking for inspirational speakers that are actually inspirational and aren’t toting inspirational porn, if you know what I mean.
TEDTalks and TED Radio Hour and anything else Ted might be a place to start I don’t know how to get on their talk list, but I know I’ve listened to short talks from there.
 I believe on being has some podcasts or is a podcast that talks about inspiring one’s life etc. Again, I don’t know how to get on the show but I know it’s there. I’ll have to go in my Podcasts archives and see what other positive inspirational podcasts that I have.
 I think most of the ones I listen to our subject-based. That is, they should light on the subject and that subject difference every day or week. Many of them can be found on NPR. But some of them are from OLD podcast , The BBC or the CBC. I can’t remember the podcast that hosts Trevor Noah‘s podcast, but that’s a whole different company. You might want to try looking for a different podcasting companies and then looking at the Podcasts they have. For example if you go to the old podcast everything is living daily economics living daily psychology living daily etc. But they just read blogs of famous people sometimes about certain subjects. They highlight the best of the best.
 Let me look at my Podcasts and see if I can find something else. I hope this at least gives you a start. On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 4:48 PM Gail Hamilton via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org<mailto:colorado-talk at nfbnet.org>> wrote:
Fabulous, thanks so much!