[Colorado-Talk] FW: [NFBofSC] Positive Note 1767

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 24 21:19:44 UTC 2020

From: NFBofSC <nfbofsc-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of David Houck via
NFBofSC
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:26 AM
To: nfbofsc at nfbnet.org
Cc: David Houck <nfbsc at sc.rr.com>
Subject: [NFBofSC] Positive Note 1767

June 24, 2020

Others

From:  Frank Coppel, President

Positive Note 1767

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

              I am very pleased to report as of today, June 24, 125
individuals have registered for the upcoming NFB of SC state convention.
Keep up the great work as we still have approximately five weeks (July 31)
to register our members.  I believe if we work extremely hard, we have a
wonderful opportunity to register 300 people making this convention one of
the largest gatherings we have had in many years.  Remember, there is no
cost for registration.  To register online for the 2020 NFB of SC state
convention, go to our website nfbofsc.org.  If you need assistance with the
online registration, call Steve and Shannon Cook (803) 254-0222 or David
Houck at the Federation Center (803) 254-3777.  If you do not register you
will not be eligible for door prizes.  Also, to be eligible to participate
in the election of state officers and five board members, you must be
registered for the convention and a dues paying member of the NFB of SC.  If
you have not paid your $10 NFB of SC state dues, you can do so, as the
deadline to submit dues is July 1, 2020.  Between now and the beginning of
August, I will be spending much of my time planning the program for the 2020
NFB of SC state convention.  If you have any thoughts regarding program
items for the agenda, please contact me at (803) 796-8662 or you can email
me at Frankcoppel at att.net.

              We have an announcement from the President's Notebook June
22-26.  "Although our building is still closed to the public, our NFB
Independence Market is now accepting orders via telephone. Our helpful staff
is ready to take orders for slates and stylists, cane tips, and cooking
utensils. To place an order, call 410-659-9314 and press 3 for the
Independence Market.

              Please take into consideration that we have been closed for a
significant period of time due to COVID-19, and we would appreciate your
patience as we work to provide quality customer service to every customer.

              By now, all of you should have received your $5 Fall
Fundraiser tickets.  During the next four months, I hope all of us will put
a great deal of effort to sell these $5 Fall Fundraiser tickets as we need
to continue to financially support our facilities at Rocky Bottom.  The
winning ticket drawn will yield $50 to the seller and $500 to the buyer or
$550 if you bought your own ticket.  The chapter selling the most tickets
will receive $300 for its treasury!  The drawing will take place on
Saturday, October 31, 2020 at the Federation Center of the Blind.

              Finally, I hope all you Dads had a wonderful Father's Day this
past Sunday.  For Shelley and myself, it was great to have the entire Coppel
clan with us Sunday afternoon as we have not seen some of our grandchildren
for a couple of months due to the Covid-19 virus.

              The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day, we raise
the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the life you want:
blindness is not what holds you back.

Final Thought:  Transforming dreams into reality:  Dream plus research plus
action = reality squared.