[Colorado-Talk] CABS Football Pool!

Martin Becerra-Miranda martinbecerramiranda at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 17:20:09 UTC 2020

Hi All!
I want to remind you that the deadline to sign up for the CABS Football Pool is right around the corner.

We will be taking your money right up to the kickoff of the season which will see Houston taking on the defending champions Kansas City at 6:20 PM on Thursday, September 10.

Here are the details. Please feel free to find me if you have any questions.

What is a football pool?

A football pool is an fundraiser in which participants pick the winner of one game per week.

The rules this year will be pretty much the same with one single caveat.  With each winner that you choose each week, you will also need to give a total combined score for the game you’ve chosen.  That score will come into play should the NFL have to call it a day and end the season early.  The goal is to get the closest to the combined score of the game you pick. Points are given for the difference between the pick and the actual total points scored. The winner will be the person with the lowest combined points at the conclusion of the season.

What is the buy-in?

Cost is $20 to join

Methods for making payment are:

·         Mailing a check made out to Colorado Association of Blind Students to Lisa Bonderson, LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., 1660 S. Albion, Suite 918, Denver, CO 80222.

·         Cash in person to any CABS board member, Lisa Bonderson or Karen Rogers.

·         Venmo.  To pay search for username corozco31 or email carina_claret at hotmail.com

What are the rules?

Payment must be received no later than 6pm on September 10, 2020 or you will be unable to participate.

Select one NFL team per week to win their game and give a total final game score with each pick

You can only pick the same team once during the regular season

If your team doesn’t win their game you will get a strike.

Two strikes and you’re out.

Ties count as strikes (you are picking the winner).

If there is still more than one person remaining at the end of the regular season (Week 17), the remaining participants will continue making picks throughout the playoffs.

During the playoffs you may select any team regardless of whether you selected them in the regular season.

You may also select the same team more than once during the playoffs.

Strikes accumulated during the regular season carryover in to the playoffs.

Picks should be emailed to Martin Becerra-Miranda at mbecerra at cocenter.org

Picks must be submitted by the earlier of the team you are picking for said week’s game or 11:00 A.M. mountain time on Sunday.

If your pick is not submitted by this time you will get a strike.

If you pick the same team more than once you will also get a strike.

I will email out picks after 11:00 A.M. on Sunday morning so you know who to root for and against.

I will send a reminder email to submit your picks each Wednesday.

What is the prize Pool Distribution?

50% goes to the Colorado Association of Blind Students

Winner takes 35%

2nd place takes 15%

The winner will be determined by the last person standing.

If there are multiple people at the end of the season/Super Bowl. The person with the fewest amount of strikes is the winner.

If the last people standing get their second strike in the same week or the last people standing have the same amount of strikes at the conclusion of the Super Bowl, the prize pool will be split accordingly.

Should the NFL be unable to finish the season, a winner will be determined by using the scores that were given each week. The winner will be the person with the lowest combined points at the conclusion of the season.

My best,

Martin Becerra-MirandaYouTube