[Colorado-Talk] Register for Anchor Center's VIRTUAL Sunset in the City Event

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:08:06 UTC 2020

Greetings fellow Federationists:

The Anchor Center for Blind Children <https://anchorcenter.org/sunset2020/>
is a private pre-school program for blind children, and it has been working
with the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado as we move forward to
develop an educational system in Colorado with a positive perspective on
blindness. The Anchor Center is holding a fundraising event tomorrow called
Virtual Sunset in the City <https://anchorcenter.org/sunset2020/> . This
event includes an online silent auction and other ways to help the Anchor
Center financially. I urge anyone who has an interest in the education of
blind children to register for this event.

While registration for Virtual Sunset in the City event is free, the process
of registering is different enough from other registration forms I have seen
that it bears a bit of explanation.

1.         Point your browser to
https://aesbid.org/ELP/SUNSET20/Tickets

2.         On the page which comes up, look for a level 4 heading which
says, "Virtual Event Registration- Free". Your screen reader might say the
word "clickable," but you don't have to worry about that.

3.         Arrow down to a plus sign and press this once with the spacebar
to change the count of zero to one.

4.         Now look for a link on the page which says "Add to Cart" and
press Enter to activate this link.

5.         On the resulting page, look for a link which says, "Checkout now"
and activate this link.

6.         Review this page to be sure that you are, in fact, acquiring a
registration for one ticket. Then, look for a link which says, "Begin
Checkout", and activate it.

7.         On this next page, you will need to supply some personal
information such as your name, address, email, phone number, etc. There is
also a checkbox which is already set to enable you to receive event
notifications by text message.

8.         Find and activate the "Continue" link.

9.         This next page asks if you want to include any guests. Fill out
whatever you think appropriate and then activate the "Continue" link.

10.       On this last page, review the information and activate the
"Finalize" link.

11.       You will now be told that a receipt will be emailed to you. You
can also choose to download the receipt here.

The Anchor Center is using the Vimeo platform for this virtual event. I have
no information about whether Vimeo will work with our screen readers. All I
can suggest is that you try it and then tell us about any problems or
successes you encounter.

Thank you for helping the Anchor Center with its fundraising event.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong