[Colorado-Talk] Football is back!

Martin Becerra-Miranda martinbecerramiranda at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 01:43:37 UTC 2021

Good evening everyone,
We are less than three weeks away from the start of the 2021/2022 NFL regular season.
The Colorado Association of Blind Students will once again be putting on our annual football pool fundraiser.
We would love to have many of you participate!
More details below.
Feel free to reply or reach out to me with your questions.

Colorado Association of Blind Students
2021 - 2022 Football Pool

What is a football pool?
A football pool is a fundraiser in which participants pick the winner of one football game per week

What is the buy-in?
Cost is $20 to join
Methods for making payment are:
·        Mail check payable to Colorado Association of Blind Students in sealed envelope to: National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
Attn. Colorado Association of Blind Students
2233  Shepperd Ave Littleton, CO 80120
·        Cash in person to any CABS board member or Lisa Bonderson
·        Venmo  @Martin-Becerra-Miranda
·        Cash App $MartinBecerraMiranda

Payment must be received no later than 6:00 PM on Thursday, September 9 or you will be unable to participate

Rules:
·        Select one NFL team per week to win their game
·        You can only pick the same team once during the regular season
·        If your team doesn’t win their game you will get a strike
·         Ties count as strikes (you are picking the winner)
·         Failure to submit a pick will result in a strike
·         If you pick the same team more than once you will also get a strike
·         Two strikes and you’re out.
·        Picks should be emailed to Martin Becerra-Miranda atmbecerra at cocenter.org
·        Picks must be submitted by the earlier of the team you are picking for said week’s game or 11:00 A.M. mountain time on Sunday
·        I will email picks shortly after 11:00 A.M. on Sunday morning so you know who to root for and against
·        I will send a reminder email each Wednesday to submit your picks

Prize Pool Distribution:
·        50% goes to the Colorado Association of Blind Students
·        Winner takes 35%
·        Second place takes 15%
·        The winner will be determined by the last person standing
·        If there are multiple people still standing at the end of the regular season, the person with the fewest amount of strikes is the winner
·        If the last people standing get their second strike in the same week or the last people standing have the same amount of strikes at the conclusion of the regular season, the prize pool will be split accordingly

Thank you,
Martin