[Colorado-Talk] National Federation of the Blind Announces Partnership with RAINN

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Tue Jan 5 21:30:11 UTC 2021

 		 [1]

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH RAINN

The National Federation of the Blind today announced it has engaged RAINN,
the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization, to assist us in
furthering a safe, inclusive, and welcoming culture free of sexual
misconduct as part of all NFB programs and activities.

Specifically, RAINN will initially work with NFB to:

 	* Create and conduct a mandatory training program regarding sexual
violence and misconduct for staff, volunteers, and leadership with
trainings to begin in March 2021.
 	* Review and augment the NFB Code of Conduct to include the strongest
possible policies aimed at preventing sexual misconduct and adopting best
practices in this area.
 	* Devise other ongoing trainings, relevant components, and resources as
identified by RAINN and NFB.

"Our partnership with RAINN is a critical component of the commitment that
the Board of Directors has made to our community," said Mark Riccobono,
President of the National Federation of the Blind. "We do not tolerate
sexual violence and abuse. While this engagement is just the beginning of
our ongoing and continual efforts to address this issue, we look forward to
working with RAINN to ensure that everyone can participate in the critical
work we do in the safest and most welcoming environment possible."

####

ABOUT NFB--The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in
Baltimore, is the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind
Americans. Founded in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and
divisions in the fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB
defends the rights of blind people of all ages, and provides information
and support to families with blind children, older Americans who are losing
vision, and more. We believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and
work together to transform them into reality. Learn more about our many
programs and initiatives at nfb.org [2].

ABOUT RAINN--RAINN [3], the nation's largest anti-sexual violence
organization, created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline in
partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers
across the country. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual
violence, educate the public, help organizations improve their sexual
violence prevention and response programs, and ensure that perpetrators are
brought to justice. If you or someone you know has experienced sexual
violence, free, confidential help is available 24/7 by calling 800.656.HOPE
(4673) or visiting online.rainn.org [4].

 		 [5]
 		 [6]
 		 [7]
 		 [8]

 		 [9]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [10] | Opt Out [11] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [12]

 		 200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States
..