[Colorado-Talk] Update on HB21-1110

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:04:46 UTC 2021

HB21-1110 passed out of Appropriations and the 2nd reading on the
Senate floor. This latter is a formality and it isn’t typical that
everyone tries to get their vote in. However, the bill was placed on
the “Consent Calendar.” This is a list of bills that everyone will
vote on without opposition. Rather than vote on each of the bills, the
Senate would vote to pass everything on the Consent Calendar with one
vote. That is, unless someone wants to have a specific vote on a bill.
usually because they want to defeat it.

But for now, it’s on the Consent Calendar and that’s very good.
Contact your Senator and ask them to support HB21-1110 and even to
become a cosponsor.

Below is the result of the interview Scott had yesterday with CPR’s
Bente Birkeland. She also interviewed Julie Reiskin and Senators. It’s
a good story, and great education about accessibility for people with
disabilities in general.

Colorado Government Websites Still Aren’t Accessible To Many People
With Disabilities. But New Funding Could Finally Change That

https://www.cpr.org/2021/06/03/colorado-government-websites-disability-accessible/