[Colorado-Talk] This Thursday. Blind parents rights a opportunity's and much more!!

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Tue Jun 8 18:06:22 UTC 2021

Greetings federation family,

This is for those of you who will be participating in this coming Thursdays
evening Mountain Time at 5. We have a tremendous lineup of blind parents and
legal experts at the end of this note you will find the Zoom link. Join
Melissa Riccobono, Maureen Neitfeld, Jo Elizabeth Pinto,  Ileen Gallegos,
Scott LaBarre and others to discuss the federations work around parents
rights. I'm sure we will hear the joy and trials and tribulations of
parents. If you have questions please let me hear from you. Please also,
spread the word let folks all over the nation know about this important
Mountain Time at 5 event.

Also, your blind Coloradan aggregator is back from bereavement leave. There
is a brand new blind Coloradan up today please read, share and provide your
feedback. Here is the link https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/.
<https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/>

I have a couple more items to peak your interest as we move toward National
Convention.

June Open House Gathering Call for Non-Members

The National Federation of the Blind invites blind people to learn more
about being a member and the benefits on June 30, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. eastern
via Zoom. Take advantage of this opportunity to hear from active members and
leaders on the myths and uncertainties of the Federation.

https://nfb.org/form/open-house-gathering-call-regist.
<https://nfb.org/form/open-house-gathering-call-regist>

The National Federation of the Blind's resource, A Blind Parent's Essential
Guide to Effective Communication from Public and Private Schools, is now
available in English and Spanish.

Upcoming Event-Gaming for Everyone:

On Tuesday, June 29, from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. eastern, the National Federation
of the Blind, in collaboration with the Maryland Department of Disabilities,
is hosting a boutique discussing the many games accessible to the Blind.
Whether for PC, mobile phones, or gaming consoles, there are many games that
the blind can play. Register today at
https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/tra
inings/accessibility-boutiques/accessibility-boutique-registration.

Wow! There is so much happening. We have the big event honoring Julie Hunter
this Saturday morning at CCB. I will be there and I hope you will.

Ok parents! Here we go! Here are your all-important Mountain Time at 5 Zoom
coordinances.

https://zoom.us/j/97417562247. <https://zoom.us/j/97417562247>

Meeting ID: 974 1756 2247

One tap mobile: +13462487799,,97417562247#

Dial by your location: +1 346 248 7799

Meeting ID: 974 1756 2247