[Colorado-Talk] Take 2

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Fri Oct 1 16:56:56 UTC 2021

-Howdy folks,

Accidently sent it before I completed the post. As I say, huge thanks to the
Blind Coloradan readership.

And, Breaking news! The Colorado City Council will be presenting a White
Cane Awareness day resolution on Tuesday morning October 12, 10 am in
council chambers. Our friend and blind colleague, council women, Yolanda
Avila would like to have a nice crowd of canes and dogs in the chamber for
the reading. She believes that the reading will take place around 10:15. She
would also like 2 or 3 speakers. So please get in touch with me if you would
like to speak and if we can help you with transportation. For more
information call me 303-929-2369 or pop me an email. As always thank you to
our chapter president Jenette Forton. Also thanks to the Aurora chapter for
laying down the gauntlet. Any other chapters want to join us? How many
proclamations or city council resolutions marking White Cane Awareness Day
and or Blind Equality Achievement Month can we get? This is a great chapter
project. Thanks all!