[Colorado-Talk] Member Penn Street running for office in Loveland

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Tue Oct 5 16:10:25 UTC 2021

Greetings colleagues,

As you know. One of our great friends and members Yolanda Avila is serving
her second term on Colorado Springs City Council. Now comes news of another
candidate:

As a 501C(3) not-for-profit organization, the NFB of Colorado cannot and
does not endorse political candidates.  However, blind candidates for public
office are rare.  So we report on those who are running for office,
especially when they are members.  We bring you the following from Penn
Street's campaign.

Penn Street of Loveland, Colorado is running for City Council Ward 3.

Street has been part of the NFB Family for decades and will be attending the
Colorado NFB State Convention later this month.

Street has a strong background in serving on and chairing local, state, and
national boards, commissions, and coalitions. Street managed her own
successful business and has built a career working for non-profits.

Street has the experience, the drive, and the ethics to hold the office.

The campaign is fierce. Street faces an incumbent and a fiddle player. Hey,
that sounds like a country song.

Street will be the first blind/visually impaired person to sit on Loveland
City Council and the first democrat since the early 90's in her Ward if she
overcomes the odds.

Street was asked several times to run. Street was in an international
leadership role for Lions Clubs International that was completed in June. On
Juneteenth two separate people asked Street when she was going to run.
Street felt it was time. Loveland has been making international news with
the arrest and the use of excessive force of an elderly woman with dementia,
killing of a puppy, and the fatal shooting of a 19 year old young man
suffering a mental breakdown.

Street's campaign platform is building a more robust transportation system,
affordable/attainable housing, and improving infrastructures like sidewalks.
"Penn for the People".

To learn more about Street go to www.pennforloveland.com
<http://www.pennforloveland.com>  or call 970-430-3858.