[Colorado-Talk] family skiing suggestions

Jan Ahmed janahmed07 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 21:38:11 UTC 2021

Hello,
I am needing your suggestions and wisdom.

My family (husband and two children) are wanting to go skiing. We, as
adults, have skied before, but our children have not.
We might be able to meet up with someone who can assist us down the
slopes, but they would not be any assistance with the driving.
We don't have ski equipment, so would need to rent and obviously, we
would not be driving. I think that our children would enjoy ski
lessons, so that definitely is an option.
I also wonder if finding a driver is the best option.
We live just south of Denver.
  Here are my questions:
1. We are certain that we will need to rent all of the equipment at
the slope, which is probably more costly than buying or renting from
the cheapest place and trying to lug it to our destination. Which
destinations are easiest to get to via some type of pub/trans?
2. Which have you found to have the best programs for children
especially since we would like our children to enjoy the day, but
don't want to be overanxious about where they are/what they are doing?
3. this seems like such a daunting task, but we want to enjoy a ski
experience with our children. We thought about a lodging package, but
it seems that even lodging packages require you to have a car of some
kind so you can get to slopes, eateries, renting shops and back to the
lodge. Any suggestions on how to best do this?

I would love to hear anyone's hints and tips to make it more fun and
less stressful.
Thanks much.
Jan Ahmed