[Colorado-Talk] With Great Sadness

maryannmigs at gmail.com maryannmigs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 02:57:36 UTC 2021

Greetings,

It has taken me a while to sort out my grief and feelings surrounding Doris Willoughby’s passing. To say that she was a great lady could never to her justice.

Warmhearted: Doris was one of the first people in The Denver Chapter who sought me out and made me feel like I was home. I know she did the same for many others.

Giving: She taught English as a second language voluntarily and helped blind immigrants study for their citizenship tests.

Hard working: This one is too big to mention. I never heard her say “No,” to anything she was asked to do.

Romantic: Every time she spoke about her husband Curtis or greeted him after a day apart, she was smiling and sometimes blushing like a schoolgirl with her first crush. I want to be her when I grow up. 😊

Generous: Every time one of her students passed the GED or reached some other milestone Doris bought the cake and made it a celebration.

Party animal: I can’t count the number of holiday parties, wedding and baby showers, and other special occasions that Doris either initiated or helped to plan.

Funny: Many people knew Doris as a quiet woman, but those who became her friends knew her wonderful sense of humor. I found out recently that she wrote The Library Song from The NFB Songbook.

There are so many other things we could all say about Doris Willoughby, but we can save them for convention.

Rest in peace to a lovely lady. Find all the best places in Heaven and be ready to show us around when we get there.

Curtis, let us know how we can support you best.  We love you.

At your service,

Maryann Migliorelli