[Colorado-Talk] President Riccobono's February Monitor Article

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:45:38 UTC 2022

Hi all -

It's always great to read the latest edition of the Braille Monitor,
and it's made easier by Curtis Chong's regular reminders that the new
one has come out. But I want to call everyone's attention to the
article this month by President Riccobono. This addresses the NFB's
efforts with the Code of Conduct going back five years or more, as
well as all the steps taken in the last year. It's a long article with
lots of information, but it is very readable and I urge everyone to
take the opportunity to learn from this article.

Raising Expectations Every Day: The Challenge of the Federation's
Community Standards
by Mark Riccobono
https://nfb.org//images/nfb/publications/bm/bm22/bm2202/bm220201.htm

The link below will play the recorded version of the article:
https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/braille_monitor/2022/february/03_raising_expectations_every_day_the_challenge_of_the_federations_community_standards.mp3

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"